Getting a 2nd HE hub. What steps to take when moving devices from Hub #1 to Hub #2?

I decided with the sale on the HE hub going on, to go ahead an ordered a 2nd hub.
The idea is to move all LAN Device (Harmony Hub, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Lutron Caseta SmartBridge, etc...) to the 2nd HE hub.

I was wondering what steps do I need to take to get all of the LAN Devices from HE hub #1 moved over to the HE hub #2, and hoping not to lose any of my Rules I created. Because I have a "lot" of Rules setup from RM, as well as Rules setup in Simple Lighting using those LAN Devices.

Thanks you for any guidance you can provide me during this setup.

When I purchased my second hub, I took a backup of Hub_1, and restored on Hub_2.
Then removed all physical devices and apps accordingly, from Hub_2, as they're connected to Hub_1.
Updated all apps and rules required, its a slog but so worth it.

Its a little tricky to give full advice as I guess we all run them in a different ways :wink:

2 Likes

@Royski Thanks, that sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

Lutron Integration is rather a special case... you can connect it to multiple hubs simultaneously. I have 10 Pico remotes and by adding the Integration to all my hubs, I can pick and choose which Pico is known to each hub and I can see any button push. A single button shows on all hubs that have been told about the Pico, so one button can run automations on multiple hubs. Or any variation... top button does something on Hub1 and the bottom button does something on hub2

2 Likes

@csteele Thank you for that information, that helps!

I can see this working for Zigbee but Z-Wave devices are registered to the radio so you would stil have to exclude them from Hub #1 and add them to Hub #2, No?