getPresence error but driver does not have capability

Hello
I see this in logs:
2020-11-07 10:01:32.082 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_veeceeoh_Aqara___Button_1_or_2_739.checkPresence() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (checkPresence)

MY device had a driver with presence capability and I switch on one without. WHo call this getPresence?

Do I need to worry?

I can add an empty message to driver, but I do not know if there is something remaining from old driver

Thanks

By this do you mean you changed the driver being used for your device?

If the device did already exist, had you referenced it in any rules or apps that may be trying to call the checkPresence method which is not part of the new driver?

With the log entry you posted, it may be useful for you to check the app or device referenced alongside the log entry. No guarantees it will help, but worth checking. If it is anything other than the device itself, it may help to answer the question above about referencing the device in an app or rule.

Simon

You can switch back to the old driver and turn off presence and then swap back.

Is a button used in only one rule as pushed and released

thanks I will try

found the problem. each device had remaining scheduled jobs

I unscheduled them in driver :slight_smile: unschedule('checkPresence')

2 Likes

I just had very similar happen to me after switching drivers for a Ikea Repeater. Glad you got solved it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.