Get Zigbee or Z-Wave bulbs to flip state when regaining power

Hi great Hubitat Community.

Does anyone know if there is a way - perhaps by buying specific brands of bulbs - to have a bulb flip its state between ON and OFF when power is interrupted and reinstated?

What I am looking for is a way to flip between ON and OFF by cutting power briefly and then restoring it. The short explanation is that my home has an older wired "smart" system which controls all lights. The controller is produced as an old-school PLC, and it's pretty stable. But "smart" it is not, and it has no feasible way to make integrations (API or similar). But since it controls all lights I could easily program it to make all light buttons cut-and-reinstate power to the outlets instead of flipping the state. The result would be that I could continue to use the existing switches, but expand control and automation of all the lights further, using Hubitat.

Is there a way to do this? I am open to adventures involving custom firmware, but I need the bulbs to be obtainable in the EU.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

Nope not really, some ZigBee lamps give a last hurrah message as they power off so in theory you could use that with a way to follow the state of the lamp in a rule. However with any ZigBee or z-wave lamp (there is only one exception to this in Sengled) you should not be switching the lamp on and off. 1st is that they are designed to not be switched so there PSUs are not likely to be tested or planed to work but turning them on off. 2nd they are both mesh networks system and so by turning them on and off your be creating problems for your network.

Lifx might be a option? But I don't know anything about those.