Get ready for the next wave of Hubitat converts

It's probably because their supplier hasn't given them any updates unfortunately. Based on interactions with staff if they knew I'm pretty sure we'd know. But with everything going on most of the supply chain for this kind of stuff unless they had huge stock piles (which most don't) is months behind and still playing catch up... Look at grocery stores... They are still getting their normal trucks... Heck most getting extra and they haven't recovered regular stock yet....

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

You can send a note to orders@hubitat.com to be notified of availability

3 Likes

It blows my mind that this is still the case.

5 Likes

Doesn't surprise me a bit, seeing how things went after Samsung acquired smartthings.

2 Likes

Why is everyone obsessed with the cloud

2 Likes

Oh, it has many pluses/advantages, but isn't the fix for everything.

Because it’s been packaged for startups and companies that want an easy entry to IoT products. It’s a B2B product for Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others. High profits without a care in the world how the B2C products perform.

It also provides a tremendous amount of computing ability for pennies.

1 Like

And near zero admin/infrastructure maintenance. And scale up/out capability in seconds. And ability to have geographic separation on redundant workloads without owning multiple data centers. And ability to administrate and update software from a central location for hundreds or thousands of installs.

Etc. Etc. Many pluses. But not applicable to all needs, not the fix to all problems.

2 Likes

Yup. Not the solution for everything. But it is the solution for a lot of things!

I think of things like user management and auth. Why do I want to reinvent the wheel when something like Azure AD or Amazon Cognito does a better job than anything I’d build anyway?

I, and most of the computing industry, certainly think(s) so.

I retract my comment....

2 Likes

...and lots of data to mine, so that big brother, Skynet, and WATSON have lots of info about you and your daily behaviors to digest.....

1 Like

Probably (almost certainly) true. That's for each person to decide how important that part is to them.

I don't lose sleep over it (I have a cell phone, so that ship has already sailed), but I know others do!

3 Likes

I'm just waiting on my house to try and kill me now with all the gadgets in it.

1 Like