Geofencing questions

1. How do I get my wife's phone along with mine to show up on the geofencing map on my phone?
    Right now I can only see my phone.
  2. Does the mobile app need to be installed on each phone included in geofencing? It is currently installed on both phones and I used the same login information for both.
  3. If the answer to 2 is yes then does it need to be running or just installed? My wife is very non-technical and any popups etc. would just freak her out.

The geofencing map in the mobile app is just for assigning the fence size not for tracking devices so you won't ever be able to see your wifes location only her device will update with present or away. If you want to be able to see where each other are you can use Life 360 which can be easily integrated into Hubitat as well.

Some people say it works using the same credentials, I setup a new account for my wifes email in the Hubitat portal and used that account on her phone but the mobile app doesn't need to be always running, although occasionally you may need to open it to get it to keep working, at least that has been our experience with iOS.

You don't need to send any push messages to your wifes phone if you don't want so she shouldn't need to get popups.

Thanks for the info.