Geofence thinks I'm away when I'm Home

Hubitat

Where does one find this beta? I might be interested.

Otherwise, how I handle presence is using a virtual presence (Combine Presence) with just a single phone for each person and another for combined presence of the household members. I then set up a dashboard with the phone and the virtual presence (as a switch) beneath the associated phone.

That way, IF the presence doesn't work on the phone, I just go in the dashboard and toggle the switch (The phone always catches up in <= 10 minutes). This also makes it easy to switch phones without having to update a bunch of automations. I just go into the combined presence app and associate the person with a different phone.

Combined Presence is available through Hubitat Package Manager

Combined Presence is available through Hubitat Package Manager

Combined Presence setup for single phone

Presence Dashboard

Ahhhhh.... LOL Apparently, I was already a member of the beta program. Maybe that is why my presence has been mostly rock solid

I’ve found using both to set a virtual presence via presence combiner is 100% reliable.

I also have a wifi presence detection for fast arrival detection, however the homekit presence sensor is so fast it’s rarely needed.

How were you able to determine that WiFi on your iOS device was "asleep?"

iPhones turn the wifi radio off after the device is asleep for ~10 minutes to save battery. It may periodically reconnect while asleep but it doesn’t stay connected.

Geofency requires iOS 13.4 or later. Therefore, it is not a viable option for users with older iPhones.

Then I would recommend using apples own geofence in home app and have a raspberry with homebridge installed and change modes thru it. I use that now since I felt geofency was a bit thirsty on batteries....

Locative is another option for iOS, works pretty similarly to Geofency.

OwnTracks is another iOS (and Android) option. @brianwilson has written a Hubitat integration for it.

OwnTracks requires iOS 13.2 or later. Therefore, it is not a viable option for users with older iPhones.

I just got a new phone the Pixel 4A5G. I want to do phone presence on the hubitat app but every 15 min or so it keeps telling me I'm not home(currently at work). And when I'm home it does the same thing. Is this a bug. It never did that with my pixel 3 I just got rid of

How do I use owntracks on hubitat for geolocation?

The link to @brianwilson’s OwnTracks integration in my earlier post has the details you need.

Turn off battery optimization for the Hubitat app.

Tried that, didn't work

iOS ver 1.1.2 Geofence issue. Debug info, Geofence says I'm currently out of geofence. Geofence tab says, "Geofence is disabled please go to setting and enable it to continue..."
Setting, Presence, Enable GeoFence is turned on. Advanced has everything off.

Updated iphone setting for Hubitat for Always and Geofence is working. Changed back to While Using the App and I get the "Geofence is disabled..." message again. Anyone else seeing this?

Sounds like the phone is killing the apps background process. Probably have to leave it to always.