Geofence support for multiple hubs

Using the HE app it appears the geofence is tied to the first hub I create. When adding a second hub at a second location (i.e. vacation home), the app has no way to define a second geofence. This doesn't seem to make sense, given that each hub's exact latitude/longitude location is known/defined within the hub. The HE app also supports changing the connection to any one of multiple hubs, which then displays the correct devices/dashboards for that hub.

My question is why isn't the geofence tied to the hub the app connects to? There is no reason the geofence should be tied to the app, instead of the hub currently connected to. Changing the hub connection doesn't change the HE app current location, so wouldn't cause any additional geofence events to be generated.

This seems like a bug to me, not a request for a new feature. Current location is tied to the app; the geofence should ALWAYS be tied to a specific hub.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. By design, the app can only handle one geofence. This request has come up over the years, and it has been noted by our engineers to be on the list of future enhancements, but with a rather low priority due to the effort required to redesign the app.