Geofence Location Doesn't Match Hubitat Location

In my Hubitat settings, I have my location updated (29.xxx,-95.xxx). However, in the Hubitat app, the geofence location is located at 39.83333,-98.585522. How do I get the app to update to match the hub's location?

In the hub setup go to settings and then location and modes and you can set the hub location there.

It looks like you can do it in the app itself and it seems to work but then it resets itself back to where the hub says its at. I suppose you can try both if the app is reporting another spot. basically you press and hold on the hub icon and drag it where you want it at in the app. It will take a few tries to get it to move.

1 Like

You can tap and hold the pin on the app to move it to the correct location.

3 Likes

This did the trick. I thought I tried this before, but your post made me try again.

In case anyone else finds this issue, you can click the "locate" button while holding the pin and it will quickly move to your current location. That helped me a lot since I was over 800 miles away from my home.

3 Likes

This worked for me also. Setting it through the web interface doesn't work at all.

thanks had followed all other instructions and could not get it to update properly
thank you
have a great day

1 Like

That is the best way, I moved it from the US to Perú!

This suggestion no longer works if it did when you did it

Are you trying to set your location on the hub, or in the app?

Can you be more specific? A few suggestions have been mentioned in this thread.

The suggestion I made still works on my iPhone 12 Pro running the most recent versions of iOS and the Hubitat beta app.

1 Like

Trying to set it in the app. I can't move the location in the app. I have a Samsung S21. Unless there's a trick to it?? I hold my finger on the tear drop & move it. The only thing that moves is the whole location, the phones location sits unmoved.

Maybe I need some caffeine, but you are trying to move the blue dot separate from the map itself? That isn't how it works. The blue dot is your reported position on the map.

Did you set your desired geofence in the hub itself, Settings menu, Localization?

The hub has been setup for years?? The location in my phone is now showing where I currently am as being my home (which is 4.5hrs from my home. Therfore it changed the d.evice status in the hub saying I was at home, even though I'm 4.5 hours away.
If I log out then back into the phone app when I happen to be at home, it sets it correctly, & stays locked to the hubs location, until I log out & back in if I'm not at home

The question I am asking is how can I reset the app in the phone to know what the hub location is so that the geofence will work properly again

Did you try to (re)select a hub from the app settings menu?

Did you try to Send Geo Event from the apps settings menu?

Are you on the normal app or Beta? Version? (Settings menu, About)

On ver 1.6.7 build 123 I was previously on the Beta version as recommended by support for another issue
Just enabled the Geo Fence again, did a 'Send Geo Event'
When I logged back in I selected my phone that was already a device in the hub
The dashboard is still showing I'm away after 2 or 3 minutes, so the 'Send Geo Event' might have been the answer.
Thanks hopefully thats the answer?

1 Like

Looks like sending the Geo Fence event is what fixed it. Thanks again

1 Like