Generic zigbee temp humidity incorrect humid reporting

not honoring the temp or humid change settings or you are not setting the parameters correctly.. where did you get documentation on what to set for them?

There is no documentation on most of the Tuya Zigbee devices. The information sources are either the implementation for the same device in ZHA, Z2M, deConz, etc.. or sniffing the communication with Tuya Zigbee gateway, if I have the same device.

2 Likes

bummer.. i have the feeling i will not be able to use this device in my wine fridges with the amount of updates it is doing.. if i cannot either stop them via time span or temp change amount it makes it unuseable.

What is the 'rxCounter' value from the Current States section?
It shows the total number of the received data packets from the device since the time it was paired or initialized.

Screenshot 2022-10-03 232231

859/data packets seems normal.. compared to other extremely chatty devices.

Are you concerned about the battery life?

hub was just rebooted 3 hours ago with firmwre update..

it looks like it is sending temp reports every n.5 degree or so even though i have it set to 1.0C which hsould be around 2 degerees f

yes i am worried as it is in a cold wine fridge and the batteries dont last

Have you tried the Sonoff TH sensor? It handles the reporting configuration commands correctly.

i tried aqara and sonoff sensors with the small same 2032 batteries.. they lasted about a month.

the best is still my ancient st814 zwave non plus with 3 aa lithium batteries which at least last 6 months. but you cannot get them anymore.

1 Like

2nd best is the ecowitt sensors with 2 aa batteries but they have trouble occoasionaly with signal getting out iinside a wine fridge ..

i was hoping to find a zigbee that took bigger battiers but so far no luck.

I have a number of AAA batteries powered Tuya TH sensors which allow reporting configuration. But will need time to experiment with which of these actually react to the configuration commands and which do not.

1 Like

side note .. te gpt the tuya 4 button scene remotes using your driver and seem to work well to replacing my aging minimotes which again you cannot get and are slowly dieing.. especially iif drop them in the hot tub accidentially by leaving them on the top of the cover when i get in and turn off the deck lights.

the built in rechareable batteries in these were really nice and there is nothing like it available.

1 Like

i dont see them on amazon are they only in china..

Have you checked Walmart?

1 Like

ordered one to try .. hopefully it really is aaa many times it says that and it is a damn 2032

1 Like

I think that I have found a bug in the configuration of the delta and the maximum reporting period for TS0201 type T/H sensors.

Please update to driverVersion : 1.0.10 2022/10/04 9:36 PM ( the dev. branch ).

I've been running this version for 2 days and my TS0201 sensor is much quieter now!

Thanks doesnt.seem to.have to have made a diffeeence. Still set to 2 degrees c and still reporting changes at .5 degree f and every few minutes. For my use it is not long for this world as battery has already dropoed to 78% in just a few days.

This battery-powered and sleepy device needs to be awake when you send the new settings.
Either pair it again (all the settings should be sent during the pairing procedure),
or when clicking on "Save" button - press shortly the pairing button on the back of the device (the same that changes C/F).

A succesful reporting configuraton is confirmed in the logs, you must see logs like these (even when Debug logging is turned off) :

dev:31192022-10-06 22:14:01.267infoTS0201 _TZ3000_itnrsufe Reporting Configuration Response for humidity (status: Success) is: min=240 max=3600 delta=1000

dev:31192022-10-06 22:14:01.252infoTS0201 _TZ3000_itnrsufe Reporting Configuration Response for temperature (status: Success) is: min=120 max=3601 delta=200

The above are the min/max/delta*100 values as returned by the device itself. This confirms, that the settings has been acepted by the device during the previous reporting parameters change.