Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor F Temp 2 Decimal places

Cool, Thanks again @Ryan780 had a little problem with my temp sensor (wouldnt' update) but now the GV is rounding the temp (Value).

Now to get it into the Dashboard in place of the existing living room temp motion sensor temp....

In the tile I only see a selection for Rule Machine Connectors and nothing else in the Pick a Template area to select the Temperature. What I'm I missing, do I need to make another rule,

This is what I see in devices, but I don't see the Temp Whole no rounding option anywhere in a tile.

Did you add the GV connector? Did you add the GV connector to your dashboard?

Got it.....didn't have it turned on in the Dashboard.

Now just have to change the name and recreate it a few more times for the others.
Thank you @Ryan780!!

1 Like

I don't think temperature sensors of that price range have that precision. 1% of a degree ?

It's like humidity sensors. Usual non-commercial humidity sensors have a precision range of 1-5%, so any number after he comma has no signification at all.
And I don't even talk about the sensor location. A living room is far from having an homogeneous temperature.
A way to display on a tile a value with a variable precision could be a nice feature.

precision is one thing, accuracy is another.

Point being this probably should be dealt with at the presentation (dashboard) layer, vs rounding it at the driver.

Agreed. Keep the driver as is, flexible dashboard

The odd thing about this driver that I observed was that early one when I first paired the 3326.L the temperature was displayed with one decimal place, after I clicked on adjust the temp in the drive it switched to 2 decimal places.

Sorry to necropost, but this seems the most relevant place to discuss.

Has there been any discussion about improving the dashboard tile settings to do exactly what Mike proposes here? I have a few devices reporting power usage in watts -- some to whole numbers only, others to three decimals. It would be nice to control consistency in the display.

(While I'm at it, being able to specify a custom unit would be nice, too... I've hacked the "W" into the display via CSS for now, though)