Generic Zigbee Lock Driver Issue or Kwikset 916 Zigbee Lock?

I have an issue with the Kwikset 916 Zigbee Lock. I am use the Generic Zigbee Lock Driver. I can assign a code manually if I physically do it on the lock: Press Program Button > Checkmark > Code > Lock.

But, it's only the first 2 codes that will show up on the Device Page and are assignable through Lock Code Manager.
Otherwise, I just get this error: Lock code creation failed - General failure

Upon Googling the error, I see that the SmartThings code here: SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/smartthings/zigbee-lock.src/zigbee-lock.groovy at master ยท SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic ยท GitHub

} else if (clusterInt == CLUSTER_DOORLOCK && cmd == DOORLOCK_CMD_USER_CODE_SET) {
		log.trace "ZigBee DTH - Executing DOORLOCK_CMD_USER_CODE_SET for device ${deviceName} with description map:- $descMap"
		def status = Integer.parseInt(data[0], 16)
		switch (status) {
			case 0:
				log.debug "Lock code creation successful"
				// Lock code creation is successful but we do not have the codeID/code number here.
				// Hence, code creation success event will be sent from DOORLOCK_RESPONSE_PROGRAMMING_EVENT response.
				break
			case 1:
				log.debug "Lock code creation failed - General failure"
				break
			case 2:
				log.debug "Lock code creation failed - Memory full"
				break
			case 3:
				log.debug "Lock code creation failed - Duplicate Code error"
				break
			default:
				break
		}

Is this a driver issue or an incompatibility between the Kwikset 916 Zigbee Lock & the Generic Zigbee Lock Driver? Does anyone use a different driver for the Kwikset 916 Zigbee Lock?

Update in case this helps anyone and I'll pick this as the solution temporarily. The Yale Zigbee Driver plays much more nicely with Lock Code Manager app.

I changed the driver to Yale Zigbee Driver. I physically deleted all my codes via the lock: Program Button > Check > Lock > Code > Lock > Code > Lock.

I was then able to add the codes back via the Lock Code Manager. Once they were added, I changed the driver back to Generic Zigbee Lock Driver and I am STILL able to add and remove codes from the Lock Code Manager.

Don't ask me why switching to the Yale Lock Driver and switching back to the Generic Zigbee Lock Driver works, but it does. The reason I didn't continue to use the Yale Zigbee Driver is because it was reporting battery at 200.

1 Like

Can you post the fingerprint for your specific lock?, i should be able to fix the battery reporting issue.

2 Likes

Going to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean by the fingerprint haha. But, these are the Device Details on the lock:

1 Like

that will work!

2 Likes