Generic Z-Wave Shade driver enhancement

I am in the slow process of moving off of my Vera Plus controller and onto HE. My roller shades are using the Vision Curtain Module (ZW4101US) to integrate it into my Vera. The Z-Wave module sends a signal to Open, Close, or Stop to the connected RF module, when then sends the corresponding Open, Close, or Stop command to the RF Motor. It looks like Vision and Monoprice's curtain module units are very similar, if not the same. And I saw others had paired theirs to the HE controller. So I moved one over. I needed to use the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver to enable the automation of Open and Close. However there is no Stop option like there is in the Vera hub. For certain areas of the house, I like the shades to open up for X number of seconds and then stop. I can't seem to do this with the current Generic Shade driver. I'm not a coder, but is this something that is easily done? Or an enhancement/feature request for an updated generic driver?

1 Like

I received the following from the vendor that sold me the Z-Wave units (Zw4101US), but I don't know how/where to set and config this.

If you are programming these units, the low level commands are:

Open: 0x26 0x01 0xFF
Middle/Stop: 0x26 0x04 0xFF
Close: 0x26 0x01 0x00

I will invoke the resident Zwave expert @bcopeland and see if Hubitat has these built in.

1 Like

These are commands..

0x26 (switch multilevel) 0x01 (set) 0xFF (255)
0x26 (switch multilevel) 0x04 (start level change) 0xFF (this make no sense and doesn't even align with the command class's bits)
0x26 (switch multilevel) 0x01 (set) 0x00 (0)

1 Like

Here is the entire response from the vendor. What I'm hoping to do is add a "stop" function in the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver. Today it only has Open and Close. There is a CloseSetPostion, or something similar to that, but it pauses the roller shade for a second and then continues to close it. In my Vera hub, there is an Open, Stop, Close button and each works as expected. I would like to get these roller shades moved over to HE and eventually ditch my old Vera unit. The missing Stop option is my only hold up.

Legacy Info:

1 channel Z-WAVE controller can be used to control our DC motors and window openers, irrigation valves, etc. when used with our group transmitter. Radio Motor ZWAVE instructions are here.

It uses 3 "normally open" (NO) relays, with timing from 1 to 255 seconds that are used as triggers for open/close/stop commands. This also facilitates partial closure to any position, by creating timed sequences.

Use with any Z-WAVE hub that supports Z-Wave, such as Vera and Homeseer.

Main Features:

timing from 1 to 255 seconds
control a group of our roller shades and blind motors, drapery and curtain closers, and window openers with any Z-WAVE hub
supports 'break before make' to avoid damage to DC motors

25 mA idle current (0.025 AMP)
also acts as a Z-WAVE repeater
5 AMP, 70 watt maximum current switching per output relay
powered from 12v DC, with isolated relay contacts
frequency: standard North American Z-WAVE (908.42 MHz), European available by special order.
operating temperature: +5 to +140 °F (-15 to +60 °C)
housing has external mounting flange, no internal adjustments necessary
size: Height: 3" (75 mm), Width: 2" (50 mm), Depth: 1 1/4" (30 mm)

ZWAVE Command Parameters are:

COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
(mapping COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL)
COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION
COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY
COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_V3
COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION

If you are programming these units, the low level commands are:

Open: 0x26 0x01 0xFF
Middle/Stop: 0x26 0x04 0xFF
Close: 0x26 0x01 0x00

It sounds like this device doesn't support setting any level.. you can just use a dimmer driver and use startLevelChange(direction) and stopLevelChange() commands

1 Like

You are an expert. Thank you. And thank you @neonturbo for the invoking. I was using the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver, but that Stop change button wasn't doing anything. I changed it to Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer and it worked!

1 Like