GE Z-Wave Plus 40-Amp Indoor/Outdoor Metal Box Smart Switch,

Hi anyone using this smart switch to control devices such as water heaters?

I use the GE Enbrighten 14285, 40A switch for my pool pump. Works like a champ.

Hi do you use it with Hubitat? What driver do you use?

Thanks for your help

Yep, I use Hubitat as my off/on timer and also for filter loading. I'll have to check the specific driver when I get home from work and get back to you. The driver reports power usage which I use to know when the filter needs cleaning (when power goes over xxxW then I need to clean the filter).

I use the Aeotec heavy duty switch. ZW078. Works great.

I'm using the 'Z-Wave Metering Switch' driver. In all honesty I have not tried any others to see if another one has more features, etc since this one worked reliably and was all I needed.

Thanks . Appreciate your help

1 Like

I’m reading this thread and I didn’t see an answer to the question (unless I over read it which is very possible). I also have a GE Direct Wire Indoor/outdoor smart switch for my pool pump. I don’t see a specific driver for this device. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

It was mentioned above, and I use the same one for my pool pump; "Zwave Metering Switch". It's not a built in driver, it's port from Smartthings.

The latest HE release has a new GE 40Amp... driver. I just switched over from the ZWave Metering Switch this weekend and, so far, it's been working just fine.

2 Likes

Yes, but it is still a bit faulty from what I can see. I get this error message:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: ge40ampSwitch.pollTemp() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: collect(), collect(groovy.lang.Closure), collect(java.util.Collection, groovy.lang.Closure), doubleTap(java.lang.Number) (method pollTemp)

It's a built in driver so there's no way to look at the code to debug. Maybe the HE team (@bcopeland? I don't know who the driver guru is) has a moment to look.

method: ge40ampSwitch.pollTemp()

This does not exist.. What are you doing that is triggering this error?

Hi all - first post (Apologies in advance)

I'm a total newb to hubitat. I have the GE switch installed and connected to Hubitat. It appears to be working, but unlike most I'm more interested in monitoring/reporting the energy use of the load (hot water heater) over time.

I don't want to hijack the thread - but if anyone could give the search terms to find what i'm looking for it would be great. I assumed it would be a little more out of the box type of functionality. I'm not sure if I need to install an app, or what. Any pointers and search terms would be very helpful.

You could read through this thread to see if anything there works for you...

I wish I knew... been trying to isolate the cause to no avail since then...