GE Z-Wave Dimmer not sending status to HE

Yes. I regurgitated the wrong name from the previous post I guess.

1 Like

Yes Leviton!

I bought two Inovelli switches when they first came out. They died after 6 months. Not good.

I have over 50 GE/Jasco switches that for the most part work great. Mix of Zwave and zwave-plus. Will look into Zooz for replacing my non plus switches because I just spec’d Out the cost of Lutron Casetta replacement for them all and it is a big pill to swallow.

Edit...
Just checked and lack of almond paddles and no 3-way dim control make Zooz a non-starter for me.

Yeah, that three way dim control is the real deal breaker for many. I find I rarely use the dimmer switch on the wall anyway, but in the one place I do, the GE with an add-on switch is the bees knees.

S

Ken - I have some GE Z-Wave Switches (mostly Z-Wave, a few Z-Wave Plus, even a couple new in the box, IIRC.) If you're interested, PM me and I'll take an inventory. I believe I have a bunch of almond paddles for these.

FYI, they had different firmware, but I think most or all of the (current or at least recent) Zooz switches use the same manufacturer as the first generation of Inovelli switches, or at least that was true at one point. Assuming the hardware was the problem, that may not help. :slight_smile: (Not that I've heard lots of people having problems with either.) The new Inovelli switches use a different manufacturer, so I'd be curious how reliability compares. What was the warranty, and did you pursue a claim if within?

That stinks, my inovelli plugs have been perfect, and I'm expecting the same whenever my switches(12) show up :calendar:. Based on info here and on ST the Inovelli devices are very good, albeit stock issues. I love how polished their drivers are, and the company is very responsive, IMHO

If starting from scratch I would likely go with Lutron but I have several grand invested in z-wave already.

The GE in-wall dimmers, switches and 3-speed fan controllers have all been good. I’m also using a few GE exterior switches to control landscape lights and 40amp for my pool pump.

My only issue is the speed and some of the non-plus not reporting back when there’s a physical change.

Rather than replace all the non-plus what I decided to do is swap out each room’s primary in-wall dinner. That way when it’s physically changed any rules, scenes, etc will get triggered.

I’m also looking into a scene wall switch like the Eaton.

Also remember that the (non-motion) GE 14xxx series switches and dimmers support double tap events, too. A lot of people use that functionality as a scene controller. Granted, you only get double tap up/down (2 buttons), but it may be useful.

The new Enbrighten 4xxxx series switches and dimmers actually support triple tap as well (and pre-setting on/off dimmer levels - finally!). So you get 4 buttons. I have a user device driver published on here that supports the double/triple taps on those devices.

This is the model I developed the driver with:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RRD92T8

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.