[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver
The new GE Enbrighten devices are just different enough from the old that I wanted to make a new driver that supported the features correctly.

NOTE: This is for the toggle/paddle GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmers only (ZW3010 / 46203 / 46564). It will not work with any non Z-Wave Plus GE models (12xxx), it will not work correctly with any other Z-Wave Plus GE models (14xxx).

Features:

• ON/OFF/Level
  • Can set default ON %, both by a parameter setting and command (so is programmable in RM, etc).
  • Support for the hardware Double Tap Up/Down and Triple Tap Up/Down functions implemented as standard buttons 1-4.
    • You can now use Double and Tripple tap events on the device. The double/triple taps should show up as standard button pushes (DT Up=1, DT Down=2, TT Up=3, TT Down=4).
    • So in RM, for instance, you would select the "button" capability, and and you would use the "pushed" event for the function you are using.
  • All ON/OFF and double taps create a State Change event
  • Control of LED indicator (on when on, on when off, always off, always on)
  • This driver DOES NOT support secure S2 pairing. If you are pairing the device securely, it will not work with this driver. I have no intention of adding S2 support.

To-Do:

• Determine if the min/max dimmer threshold settings can be added. On 1st attempt they didn't appear to actually do anything (?).

Installation:

1. Install Driver code in Hubitat either by copy/paste from the GitHub location, or by importing the url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/GE%20Enbrighten%20Dimmer/GE%20Enbrighten%20Dimmer.groovy
  2. On a GE Enbrighten Dimmer device, change driver to "GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer". Click save.
  3. Edit preferences, save preferences.
  4. Click Configure command button

Driver can be found on my GitHub

• 1.0.0 (07/16/2019) - Initial Version
  • 1.1.0 (07/17/2019) - Removed DoubleTap from BasicSet, added DoubleTap UP/DOWN and TripleTap UP/DOWN as standard buttons 1-4
1 Like

Updated to version 1.1.

Please note that if you were using double tap in version 1.0, note that doubletap was removed, and now the device doubletap and tripletap functions are mapped to standard buttons 1-4.

I have this dimmer controlling 4 Feit Electric (Costco) dimmable LED flood lights (BR30) and they will not dim much if any. Is this a limitation of the bulbs, the dimmer, the driver, or the owner (me)?

I have 3 led (feit I think, got them from Lowe's or home Depot), and they seem to dim the same as any other dimmable LED bulb I have. They never get as dim as standard bulbs, but still.

So, don't know. I would guess the bulbs, but who knows

I just got the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer (46203) and installed this driver for it, but it appears to max out brightness at 25%. Anything above that is still the brightest level and I need to use a level of 20% or below to dim it. Is this normal? Is there something that I need to change to get accurate percentages?

I noticed the same behavior with the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver as well. Maybe something is wrong with this dimmer? Has anyone else experienced this?

I would say that is not normal. There is no scaling/magic on the levels, they are 0-99 on all zwave dimming devices. That is why the generic driver does the same thing - there is basically no way to mess that part up in the driver.

Are you 100% sure the bulbs are dimmable bulbs?

If they are, and dim correctly with other dimmers, then you likely have a bad dimmer. Or some weird incompatibility with those particular make/model bulbs.

Yeah, I just looked up the Satco bulbs I have and they're listed as Non-Dimmable. Thought that I had used them on another dimmer, but I was mistaken. I guess that explains it, thanks!

1 Like