GE switch woes

I have a GE in wall switch that for the last week or two has had some strange behavior. It is set up to turn on when motion is detected, then turn off when it has stopped. Sometimes I see the light hasnt turned off. I shout off a command to Alexa to turn it off, nothing. Use the HE dashboard, nothing. Use HE direct, nothing. I then have to unpair the switch from z wave and it says unknown device removed. I repair it immediately and it works fine for a few days, then back to the same madness. Suggestions anyone?

how many other mains powered z-wave devices do you have in the vicinity of this switch?, what is the model number?, and how far is the switch from the hub?

It is on the opposite wall from HE. A couple of feet. There is a switch that is closer with no issues. I have a lot of mains powered ones all around it that work flawlessly

I noticed that when the switch pairs, it pairs as a generic z wave smart switch. I changed it to generic z wave switch. It is now a z wave plus device. Just standard. Will that help? It seems as if a lot of my older ones pair as generic z wave smart instead of generic z wave switch.

This makes a difference, but you havenโ€™t provided that information.

When I get home tonight I'll pull the cover off and see which it is. It is a couple of years old.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.