GE Keypad 45631 won't add to network

Hello:

Got a C8-Pro Platform #2.3.8.139. Migrating from Vera. So far great!!

One thing I can't get to pair are the GE 45631 controllers. They act as a secondary controller to directly control devices. I factory reset the GE controller then went to add it in HE but it never succeeds.

The GE controller goes through its process and never gives the green success or the red failure lights.

The HE does not show it in the device list. But if you go in to "Settings->ZWave Details" the device is shown there as SPECIFIC_TYPE_PORTABLE_REMOTE_CONTROLLER. But the device won't work and I can't finish setting up control like I had before.

Any ideas or limitations on these controllers? I believe for it to work the HE needs to transfer the network over to it.

Can't help, but found this from 6 years ago, lol:

Yeah, saw that one but didn't help. I don't see any specific transfer mode in the HE UI. Just an inclusion command.

Some 300-series devices don't work with 700 and 800 series controllers. These keypads may fall in that category.

1 Like

Closing this as it ended up working after all. The device will never show in the list unless you go in to Zwave settings and look at the list there. But if it IS in this list then you're good to go. I was testing it with a switch that the GE remote couldn't support but when adding my older switches it in fact was working.

2 Likes