GE/Jasco Finally has their new Zigbee Devices in Stock

Many have waited for a long time for their new Zigbee switches/dimmers/outlets:
https://byjasco.com/enbrighten-zigbee-in-wall-tamper-resistant-smart-outlet-white

3 Likes

I was just looking at that this morning. I plan on getting a few, but will likely wait for a sale (unless I can talk my contacts at Jasco out of some Dev units) as I'm not in a hurry.

Note that long term there is supposed to be 2 models - a more expensive version with power reporting and a cheaper one without.

I think the one linked is the one with. Although I could be wrong so as it doesn't explicitly list it as a feature... Was pretty sure the model ending in "2" was the power reporting version though...

I also assume that there are some advantages to these products being Zigbee 3.0, even though Hubitat is not Zigbee 3.0. (I know that they are backwards compatible).
Is that a correct assumption?

Not really. For something like a switch HA 1.2 is just as good.

But it isn't bad, either.

I just wish they were about $15 cheaper. I'd love to replace all the plug-in plugs cluttering my house for Zigbee extension purposes, but @$43+ a pop...its going to take awhile.

S.

2 Likes

Agreed.

At $30 I would buy 10 of them.

At $43, I'll buy 0 and wait for a sale.

2 Likes

I am working on a project for someone else, and I need a number of these. Unfortunately I can't wait for a sale. I'm just glad they finally have them in stock.

I ordered 2. The idea of getting rid some of these plug-in devices is so appealing, I just couldn't resist.

S.

Do any of you know if these switches (dimmer specifically)
https://byjasco.com/enbrighten-zigbee-in-wall-smart-dimmer-with-quickfittm-and-simplewiretm-white-almond

Will recognize a double tap like the Zwave Jasco does?
https://byjasco.com/products/ge-z-wave-plus-wall-smart-switch-white-toggle

I'd like to have double tap functions but want the decora-style switch. Looks like this Zigbee one can be added to a 3-way with appropriate partner switch.
Thanks.

I don't know. I have the older Zigbee wall switches, but not the new ones. The pair I just bought (and have not installed yet) are the receptacles, not the switches. Sorry.

S.

Don't know for sure. If they do it would take a custom driver... Not sure anyone is working on one, either.

I can confirm that the Enbrighten In Wall Zigbee "Tamper-Resistant Smart Outlet" Model: 43102 / ZB1001 reports power using the built-in "Generic Zigbee Outlet" driver, which was automatically selected by Hubitat when the device was paired.

It seems to work well. I haven't observed any actual power reporting, but then I don't have anything useful plugged into it.

I have noted that you can't change the state of the LED (on/off/always off) to your own preference except by manually programming it from the power switch on the device. This is probably just because the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver doesn't support that, but I don't know for sure.

So far I like it. It'll be nice when they're in the retail channel more widely, and we might see sales. Having said that, it might be worth it to get rid of all these silly plug in plugs if I could replace them all with these Zigbee outlets.

As usual others mileage may vary!

This is what the device shows on Pairing:
ID: 0DB7
Manufacturer: Jasco Products
Product Name:
Model Number: 43102
deviceTypeId: 8
manufacturer : Jasco Products
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0B05
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 12
outClusters : 000A,0019
initialized : true
model : 43102
stage : 4
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 2
inClusters : 0000,0003,0B05
endpointId : 02
profileId : 0104
application :
outClusters : 0003,0006
model :
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 242
inClusters :
endpointId : F2
profileId : A1E0
application :
outClusters : 0021
model :

Scott

2 Likes

Nice. That matches what I was expecting - funny that their own product page doesn't list this as a feature... lol.

1 Like

I got one of these installed today. The in-wall outlet (model 43102) detects as/uses the in-box "GE Zigbee Switch" driver - FYI @bcopeland (no action needed).

Ordered 5 more to install this weekend.

1 Like

I've got 4 now. Love them so much more than the plug in plugs!

I'll probably end up with another 4 or 6. Not sure yet!

S

Yeah. The wife finally started complaining about the ikea repeaters and outlets I have sprinkled around the house (and she is right, they are a little ugly), so I figured it was time to put in something less obtrusive.

1 Like

That's the real reason that I bought them as well.

I just wish they'd go on sale! Jasco got my hopes up a couple of weeks ago with a 20% off sale, but naturally they didn't include these!

S.

Yeah, I was waiting for that too... But finally gave up.

Your Mrs must really dislike those Ikea things! I bought 4 over 2 months and flinched both Times! 5 in one go! Lol