Ge Enbrighten Z wave switch no local control

I have GE Enbrighten Z Wave switch that controls a small bathroom exhaust fan taht I installed a couple of years ago . Worked fine via Hubitat, Alexa and the physical switch. Just recently we can't turn off the fan with the physical switch but everything else works.
Thoughts?

Is it a fan rated switch? Possibly burned it out with the fan if not.
First thing I would try is to power cycle the device via the breaker.

1 Like

I use embrightens on my exhaust fan in my bathroom and have not had any issues. There should be a pull out tab you can use at the switch to power cycle it as well.

I have never seen a GE switch fail in that manner. I have not had an embighten version fail yet that I recall, The other(older) GE switches I have would go completely dead or start turning on and off quickly when they failed. The on off issue is a capacitor that goes bad and can be fixed if you can do a little soldering.

Not sure if it is still the case but I know with older versions pulling the tab didn’t cut power from the Zwave radio. So best scenario is to use breaker if possible.

2 Likes

I've had the opposite happen with an Eva-Logik Z-wave switch. The physical switch worked fine but it would not turn on/off via a rule. I did a factory reset and it worked again, but only for a few weeks. Even though is was 3 years old, Eva-Logik sent me a new one free of charge and its been fine ever since.