GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer

I been searching for any solution for my issue. I have a few of these GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmers, 18756. Two of them are set when you turn the switch on, they make the light set to 20% instead of full brightness. I found that the "stageLevel : 20" is a variable that I cannot change. Does anyone know how to change it? My other switches are not set to this and for some reason these two are. Thank you for any help.

Greetings Roger3. I have and enjoy Enbrighten dimmers. You might look at your device list, (Just in case, be sure the correct driver is in use) find and open the dimmer in question. There you should find a configuration screen as follows...

Go to this option and type in the default level you'd prefer. You can also set the duration but that part is not necessary. Then click "setLevel". Then save your preferences, then save device. I think that should do it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.39.37 PM

Thank you for that reply however it did not work. Adjusting that would adjust the light in real time. I typed in 90 and when I clicked the "Set Level" it just changed the light output but the stage level was still at 20 and the switch still acted the same.

Wow. OK. Sorry to hear that. In this case, I'll hush and let someone else address it. Sorry I was unable to help. There are many here with a much more in-depth knowledge than mine. Someone will know...

Di you ever find a way to change the "stageLevel" variable? I'm running into the same issue and the only way I can find to fix it is to factory reset.

Is this variable documented somewhere? Is there a parameter number for changing this in the instruction manual?

If so, you can use the Basic Z-wave Tool to change/set the parameters.

I like my GE Enbrighten dimmers, but this is one of the reasons I went with the Inovelli Red series dimmers.

With the Inovelli, if you are using the GE Add-on switch, you connect just like you did the the GE dimmer...and set an option in the driver configuration page.

I believe it’s parameter 32:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/4037/configs