GE Enbrighten Dimmer Driver "Refresh" command not available in other apps?

I've never noticed this before, but the driver:

Absolutely has a refresh command in the driver:

But the device does not show up in the list of available devices when creating an action to "Refresh":

Note that "Theater Can Master" is using the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switch driver and shows up, but the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer does not.

@bobbyD any thoughts on why that might be? I'm surprised that it's even possible for the driver to have the function, but it not show up elsewhere on the platform.

One last thought - I tested to see if the "refresh" command actually works in the Dimmer driver, and it does.

edit: Just noticed that the same thing applies to both the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver and the Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch driver, so it seems like it's not limited to the one above.

Odd, we are checking on it. Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

I have them .. what app ? are you trying this on ?

Rule Machine. Refresh Action.

I assume that would mean the refresh command is custom defined in that driver and the "refresh" capability is not added properly (which defines the command for you). Apps which show filtered device lists use the capabilities to filter the lists.

Agree, but since they are all stock drivers, you'd assume that the refresh command would be consistent (especially between the Switch and Dimmer versions of the same driver).

2 Likes

As it should be. You can expect a fix in the next update :wink:

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: [2.3.9.117] Z-Wave Refresh on drivers