Garage Door Switch Fibaro FGS 212 Apparent Buffering by System and Associated Security Concerns

Hi,

Can the community give any advice on the following situation which is causing me some concerns?

I have installed a Fibaro FGS212 Switch to operate my garage door, controlled by a virtual switch; around 70% of the time this works fine, but for the remainder there is a problem. What happens is that when I operate the Virtual Switch, I get a Pushover Alert to inform me the garage door has been operated, but the garage door remains closed, sometime later the garage door then operates, in the case of yesterday, this was when I had left the property. I managed to view the door from my cameras and close it remotely.

I captured the events in two of the logs, which I have marked up:

Event 1 is the operation of the virtual switch at 2.58PM; I received the pushover notification, but the garage door remained closed and was operated by the original remote control. I subsequently left the house.

Event 2 is the garage door switch operating some 37 minutes later, at 3:35PM

On arrival at my destination I checked my cameras and identified the garage was open.

Event 3 is me closing the garage door via the HE App at 4.09pm, using the Virtual Switch.

Event 4 is the garage door switch operating immediately at 4.09pm.

For fullness the Virtual Switch is here:

What appears to be happening is the Fibaro FGS212 is dropping of the network/sleeping, the information is buffered and then when the switch returns to the network/wakes responds to the commands. The switch is with several metres of the hub, separated by one floor and around 2-3 metres from a powered node with no physical barriers inbetween, so range should not be an issue.

There is no HE supported driver for this switch, despite a staff post in Aug 18 stating it is in progress ([RELEASE] Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Switch - Driver), and the only community driver is for the FGS222, which appears to work, although I have to use the Basic Z-Wave Tool to change the parameters. This results in probably a more complicated rule than I would have liked.

I have reached out to the support team over this, but in my opinion the response has been inadequate. In the first instance there was no reply, and once prompted I received a message as follows:

"Sorry for the delays. I wouldn't recommend operating garage doors, even if a built-in driver existed, let alone using a community driver. The system does not buffer the rule machine commands, and you can see that in the "Logs" (past Logs). Likely the action originated from the Z-Wave mesh/device."

So, it looks like support is telling me:
(1) I shouldn't be using HE to operate a garage door, This surely defies the purpose of home automation to me.
and
(2) The system does not buffer the rule machine commands and I can see that in the log. Well the logs are quite clear there is a delay in the commands being sent somewhere.

Feedback to support remains unanswered.

I don't wish to be overly critical of support, 99% of the time judging by the posts I read, they are responsive. However, to me there are some fundamental flaws in HE; yes it may be secure in terms of data not needing to be passed over the internet, but the lack of a way of telling if devices remain connected leads to other types of security concerns.

So, the aim of the post is to get some advice on how to resolve the problem, does anyone have any ideas?