Garage door opener

Before or after?

1 Like

always

1 Like

When I was a kid I found an abandoned warehouse and it had a phone in it. That was when you didn't own your phone so I had something special. I took it home and hooked it up as an extension. The telephone lines are low voltage and I had connected other things up to the phone system already. I was just stripping the wires with my teeth, when a phone call came in. The voltage jumps to 48 volts to trigger the ringer. It shocked me in more ways than one.

1 Like

Here is my diy. I did NOT wire the opener and I plan on having that cleaned up this summer.

Whoever installed it must've like electrical tape. So messy! Drives my OCD out of the ballpark!

[EDIT]
After I clean this up, I'm going to post better photos. I cringe every time I see this photo.

1 Like

so. I have a MyQ garage door opener, and the other MyQ Hub add on thing (sorry not good with names) .
they both work fine, but the add on hub has a battery issue and just does not always work, I knwo the garage is closed, but the tilt sensor forgets, making my HE automations not always work.

So I got a Dryswitch, that I has as a backup.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00913ATFI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

that lets me control it with Zwave.

So .. I'm not clear .. are you for MyQ or not for it? It's hard to tell as it sounds like you had to do something to make it more reliable.
I see comments like this often, which is why I chose not to go with something like MyQ.

2 Likes

sorry, Yes, I find that the myQ hub (add on) is horrible as a device itself as the tilt sensor seems to have eaten a few batties with little notice, causing issues. When the battery is good, no problems at all!

The Camberland door WITH the myQ built in , has been 100% flawless..

With that being said, and sorry for the confusion, I use the Zwave Dryswitch that I linked up there for that one door, for more reliable operation.

on an additional note. I have heard rumors that the myQ might charge for some of the services , the ability for HE to control it via the program that someone made might stop working so I fear that it will not work forever.

I guess i am just rambeling right now, yea, I don't like the MyQ. I just keep it because Amazon deliveries work with it..

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.