Garage Door Opener

Hello all,

I'm currently working with @Cobra using his presence central, however once we get the kinks worked out, it will still require 1 or 2 other RM rules to do what I want

Use Case:
If anyone arrives, turn on the Garage Door Opener, wait 5 mins then turn off
OR
If anyone is present and door 1 opens, turn on the Garage Door Opener, wait 5 mins then turn off

I created this rule which is close but I can't seem to figure out how to recognize when a device changes to present, indicating they came home vs. they are home and open a door.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Rick

They are home until the next thing happens, meaning they leave.
A rule is a combination of an event, which is an attribute state change and the current attribute values. Think of it as a trigger (event) and a condition (attribute value) all in one.

Hey Mike

For your first point, how do I track when they are away and come home, vs. they are home and the door opens?
I think I get your second and third point.

Any chance you can create a rule that I can follow?

Rick

The first part should be sorted now … see my pm :slight_smile:

Bugger! It’s 3am…

Andy

Thanks Andy for your support. Got Presence Central working as designed.

I would still like to see if my use case can be covered with a single rule in RM

Anyone?
Rick

Hello all,

Anyone willing to build a RM Rule for me with this?

Use Case:
If anyone arrives, turn on the Garage Door Opener, wait 5 mins then turn off
OR
If anyone is present and door 1 opens, turn on the Garage Door Opener, wait 5 mins then turn off

Thanks
Rick

Does your garage only have cars in it? You might need a few more use cases if there’s also storage because you wouldn’t want your garage door to open every time the regular door does.

I think two rules are necessary. There’s enough separate triggers and conditions that trying to make a single rule might not be possible.

Hi Edward

I am not concerned with accessing storage and having the opener on, it’s only 5 mins so the risk is very low

Rick

Are you using a relay ?

Hey tonsofguns

I have my garage door opener plugged into a smart outlet, no relay, just using Presence Central to turn on the garage door for 5 mins when we arrive
and 1 RM Rule to turn on the garage door if we are home and a specific door is opened

Rick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.