Future Hardware/Software enhancement

If it can be done via a firmware change today, a reboot radio option.
If it needs to wait til next HW generation, a reset leg that can be toggled to force a power restart of a radio module.

There are plenty of times where I'm not where the Hubitat is physically located. Having the ability to reset a radio or doing it during a regular reboot would be ideal.

Yes, suggestions about having a wifi switch to toggle power to the Hubitat is possible, but the next generation HW should ideally have this ability so you don't have to buy another device to manage things. Particularly when you want to be sure you've done a graceful shutdown first -- it'd greatly reduce the steps to effect a radio module restart.

Wouldn’t a virtual switch just as well as a physical one? Then you could assign the virtual switch to the voice assistant of your choice and “Hey virtual assistant turn off hubitat” and let the switch turning off trigger a hub restart or shutdown. Personally i would not do this, but it would work w/ no new hardware needed.

This may also give you what you are looking for:

My understanding based on what I learned today is that a reboot isn't sufficient and actually doesn't restart the radio...

Otherwise, yah, that's cool stuff and meets some other reboot scenarios that may happen, for sure! Thanks for the idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.