Fully supported wired multi sensors?

I'm not happy with my zooz battery 4in1, because mostly battery, and the Aeon labs gen 5 have frustrated me away from them.

Any recommendations for really reliable zwave (or zigbee, I guess) wired power multi sensors that work well with Hubitat? I'd like at least motion, lux, and temperature reporting. Small would be nice, as it will be visible.

Thanks!

Aeon's MultiSensor 6 can be USB powered. (I'm not sure if your "5" was a typo, but I wasn't a fan of the previous generation. I'm not a fan of this one either because it eats batteries and is slow to detect motion, but at least USB would eliminate the first problem). The new Inovelli 4-in-1 can also be USB-powered. Neither is small, but the Aeon can be recessed if you feel like using their kit. Otherwise, the Dome DMMS1 doesn't do temperature but is among my favorite Z-Wave sensors, and the battery lasts quite a while. If you don't need it to necessarily look pretty, you can also convert pretty much any battery sensor to USB power using a few mods (usually either a spacer "dowel"-type object or soldering along with a 5V-to-3V converter), details of which you can find in a few threads here or in the ST forum.

1 Like

No, the 5 wasn’t a typo. Apparently there’s quite a difference between the 5 and 6. Crazy thing is I have some 5s that work great, and others never release motion detection in Hubitat - no matter what driver I use! Crazy. I might look at the 6 or convert my Zooz to usb power like you say. Can’t be that hard. Those are nice and small at least and besides the batter pretty reliable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.