Frustrated with my hub

Wow honestly, Bruce. You closed out that thread. First split, and closed it out?

I've been more then patient enough over the last year. I've taken every piece of advise and suggestion and implemented it, I've watched every single YouTube cast yet got no where.

My patience have run dry. I've worked with support back and forth and got nowhere.

What else do you want me to do? You're not happy I have some sarcasm to go along with my posts. Come on, you spend 12 months as a customer frustrated trying to work around all these problems, and tell me how you would feel.

I'm sorry, I'm frustrated to all hell!

3 Likes

When you declare that "you aren't going down that path again" while I'm actively trying to find out about your problems, that pretty much is the end of the road. You clearly have a lot of problems in your setup, and I have no clue what they are. This entire conversation about your frustration is off topic for this thread. If you want to start a new topic, please do so.

2 Likes

I'm sure you can reference old cases that were open. Most my problems sit there.

What good is it going to be to start listing things. I'm only going to get, well did you try this, did you try that, can you do this, and change this. I've done all that, all of it. I mean all of it! There is clearly something wrong, and I honestly have no energy to go down that rabbit hole.

How do I answer this? Really? You'r upset with my remarks, I get it. You want to know what my true feeling is, I think Rule machine is the main issue. Is that fair to say? I know that is your baby, but that's where I think most the issues are. And it's not because of how I construct rules.

I'm sorry for the direct attacks. I'm just a pissed off customer. We can take this over to a private chat if you want.

2 Likes

That seems best. You seem to be expecting individual-level hub troubleshooting from staff in the online discussion forum while threadjacking another topic, which, I’m sorry to say, isn’t reasonable.

I’m also sorry to hear about your hub troubles, I’m sure it’s really frustrating and I hope you sort it out.

8 Likes

It is what it is.

None of which was meant to be personal. I was merely expressing my frustration.

As expected, the staff took a walk. Why, because I don’t want to venture down the rabbit hole over again, for the millionths time.

I’ve had several reports over the last year on the forums indicating all my problems, plus I opened support tickets in the past.

Anyhow, it is what it is. I’m not surprised.

It upsets me that the thread was closed out so quickly with the following remark “ When you declare that "you aren't going down that path again" while I'm actively trying to find out about your problems, that pretty much is the end of the road.”

Clearly if you read the next pragraph, I summed it up. There is no specific problem, the problems are everywhere. What more can I do?

My suspicion is that the hub is over heating. It’s only a guess, but that’s what I’m doing. Guessing because nothing makes sense at this point. If the hub doesn’t do any processing (logic) and only acts as a gateway, it works fine.

1 Like

For reference, see below.

@mik3

You may want to go the Node-Red route. I have the same issues you do with RM. All of my 4.0 rules break with each update. I had to redo all of my 2.5 rules as they stopped working from this past update. 4.0 has some serious bugs and I cannot seem to figure it out. I haven’t added a support ticket as there have been many posts about issues. I have followed all recommendations in the forums and still have inconsistencies with identical rules in different rooms. I can’t solve it either and Motion Lighting and Simple Lighting are just as flaky.

I am attempting to use Node-Red. About 30% successful currently. But even that has been a PIA.

So to I sympathize with your pain and I have seriously began exploring alternative options.

4 Likes

Thank you, it does make me feel better.

Homeseer seems to meet all my requirements, minus zigbee support that I surely hope they get moving on.

If that gets done, I think I’m just going to sell all my Hubitat gear.

I would look at HASS.io. Lots of Zigbee support there.

1 Like

Now that really is a rabbit hole. If anyone is frustrated with HE and then moves to HA, unless they are a coding professional/geek and have hours to waste, then good luck!

3 Likes

I have to disagree with you on your statement about HASS.io. With the latest releases it has become quite simple to setup and get going. I do agree the advanced capabilities (iRobot, Ring, etc) need a little developer/troubleshooting knowledge but even that isn't any more difficult than to cut/paste code like in HE.

Their Zigbee support is spot on. The ZWave support is what kills ya which I am thankful all my devices have drivers so I can begin testing.

Lastly, unlike HE the HASS.io community can actually find, fix and create pull change requests on the CORE of HASS.io whereas in HE you have no visibility or ability to assist the core team.

1 Like

To humour some of you.

I'm honestly at the point of purchasing a Lutron RadioRa 2 Main Repeater, occupancy sensors, and ridding all of Hubitat completely. Selling all my zigbee devices and the hub and moving on. With the amount of effort and time I spent over the last year, my time equates to money and I could of bought a damn Control 4 system at this point.

I have Homeseer (which is reliable) and the z-wave dongle, and 12 z-wave devices. The rest of my gear is Lutron and of course the software to program the Radiora2 system. So this is honestly a very likely scenario, especially if we move into a new home in the near future.

Sorry to hear, but I'm also sure many people here would be willing to buy your hub from you. I couldn't be happier and I'm a heavy Rule-machine and app user as a single point of contrary experience.

4 Likes

Based on your description of your experience with Hubitat, I would have ridded of Hubitat completely after only 2-3 months. You must be a glutton for punishment. :grinning:

Sorry for your bad experience. If you do decide to jump ship, good luck and hope you find something that better meets your needs.

5 Likes

:slight_smile: I sometimes think so! I gave the Hubitat team the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was me. I've done everything under the moon and followed all suggestions, advise, and opened support tickets.

All my automation currently sits under Homeseer. I'm going to start moving my z-wave devices over to it, and hubitat will strictly only be to interface with zigbee until I decide/move to Lutron motion sensors.

In the near future, I will make a list of items I will be selling. It's basically all Iris v2 motion sensors, Iris v2 contact sensors, Iris v2 plugs, 1 Orbit hose device, and one Iris v3 keypad. Lastly, the c5 hub.

1 Like

Z-wave devices have been moved. (should I say a much better signal then I was getting, and more responsive)

1 Like

Why not leave HE as your gateway and run all your rules on node-red? I can understand Lutron with your new house but since you are not there yet. No point wasting so much money on new and old gears. Unless money isn't an issue.

I'll also disagree here. As someone who was frustrated with HE's slowdown's and moved to HA, and have no professional coding background, the move was quite simple. Especially since there's actually a hubitat integration. Install HA, install the integration, setup makerapi on HE and you now have full control of all HE devices on HA.

Maybe someday I'll setup zigbee and z-wave networks directly on HA, but to be honest it's not needed. With HE doing nothing but acting as a zwave/zigbee radio device it is lightning fast. I'll probably even buy the new c7 hub for the 700 series chip before I'd buy a separate zwave and zigbee dongle for HA.

1 Like

Because I’ve become so damn frustrated with the hub that I don’t want any part of it ever again! :wink:

1 Like

Moved on to the next step.

• purchased the radiora2 and sensors. I got everything half off. Still expensive but worth my time in the end.

I’m hoping to get a listing together in the coming weeks of all the devices I will be selling. Basically all Iris v2 sensors and plugs.