From VERAplus to HUBITAT C7 - first expierience

Going through the same process. One thing I was trying to find is an equivalent to the 'disconnected' devices list from UI-7. I couldn't find something out of the box, and was wondering would this be a good case for a dashboard ?. If so how would I get the dashboard to show the devices that are 'disconnected'

1 Like

My experience with HE staff and with the reaction of the forum also was very positive.
The start with RM was promising. In special points, the behavior was first not as expected. So many tests were necessary to understand the processes in detail and to find the right solutions. But HE is a much, much faster tool than VERA.
With the growing understanding of RM everything now goes easier and faster.

Till now I've made 3 simple dashboards with switches and variables and WeatherUnderground data. They are not beautiful, but functional and pretty easy to build, to develop and to maintain.

For the monitoring and check of my devices, I use the "Battery level notifications" app. For details the "Z-wave Details" function.

2 Likes

Don't know if there is a way to share a dashboard(?) but I am definitely interested in your setup...

I don't think there is a way to share a dashboard, because it is integrated with the device database.
But it is absolutely simple to build your own:

• add the Hubitat Dashboard app
  • create a new dashboard in this app
  • choose the devices and variables you want to see in the dashboard
    (here you also find the suitable LAN and cloud links to the dashboard)
  • open your new empty dashboard and add the devices / variables with an appropriate template

Also there are Dashboards like Hubivue and Hubitat Dashboard for Android

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: What to expect when moving from Vera to Hubitat (best tips)?