From Vera to Hubitat?

Good morning All,

I am a long time Vera Plus user, unfortunately, it seems ever since the company was sold, it's just not the same, server issues, creating platform issues, so my question:

Is switching from Vera to Hubitat, a complex procedure, do I have to exclude all my devices from Vera, and proceed to include them all on Hubitat, if so its a bitch of a job.

Thanks All

Dom

You must always exclude when moving from a non-Hubitat hub to Hubitat or any other Z-Wave controller for that matter.

In the future, there will be a method to migrate Z-Wave devices from one Hubitat Elevation hub to another without needing to exclude.

1 Like

When I cutover from Vera, I had about 40-45 Zwave devices, mostly Switches and Appliance modules, but also some Bali blinds... but all compatible with HE.

The hardest stuff to cutover were the Bali blinds, as their exclusion/inclusion model wasn't obvious, and they were placed up high (obv).

Everything else was fairly simple, I used a laptop and kept HE close to the devices I was removing/adding (most of mine are Leviton gen2/regular ZWave, the VRxxx series with HAIL support )

The long straw was converting the Automation rules and, in my case, rewriting my Alarm Panel code to work on HE.

Check the compat page before you move over, to ensure the devices you're using work correctly.

1 Like

I was afraid you would say that.

Thanks

Dom

I figured that, but thought Hubitat would have come out with a magical solution.

How long have you had Hubitat, how do you like it, any pit falls.

Thanks
Dom

Look around the forum first, and observe, especially the C7, and take heed. I'd say wait until the new release comes out and judge from there.