Frient sensors

another question
have anyone used the FRIENT sensors in HSM?, stability issues or anything?
Im looking into trying these, I wanted to try the NOUS sensors, but seems like Ill have to add custom drivers for that, so Ill pass on these for now

I have never used the Frient sensors specifically, but in case it is helpful to know, HSM would not alter their behavior. HSM just looks at the events that are coming from your sensors, like motion active/inactive, contact open/closed, water wet/dry, etc. It does not change the way they work but simply can be configured to respond to events the devices already send. If the devices do not report the wrong values at unexpected times, using the devices in HSM should not be a problem.

In other words, they'd work the same regardless of whether you use them in HSM or not. Hopefully "work the same" means "work well," but I just can't speak to personal experience since they are hard to find in the US. They do seem to be well regarded in the markets where they are available, so (also) hopefully your experience would be similar.

I have frient AQS and it's great. That said, HSM is simply a small subset of RM. So don't let yourself that HSM is the be all end all of rules of that nature :slight_smile: As to devices that need custom drivers, nothing wrong with that. You can use Hubitat Package Manager to install most of those.

I have setup and use many frient sensors and I am happy with how they work. Hubitat have internal drivers for many of the devices and that is a result of Frient sending devices their way for inclusion.

For me this also shows commitment from frient on getting their devices out there.

1 Like

thanks for the input
its a danish brand and should be working pretty awesome and they are officially supported by hubitat so its should all be good.
Im thinking about buying the frient button too so I can set it up to arm HSM with a click and disarm with a click

1 Like