Fortrezz Mimo2+, Mimolite compatibility with HE?

The Fortrezz dry contact units (Mimo2+ and Mimolite) have been popular on ST, has anyone successfully used them on HE? Are there any competitors I should be aware of? I see Aeon has a single channel dry contact sensor (ZW097-A) that seems to be sold out . . .

Thanks!

It may not be obvious, but Qubino has a single channel dry contact too.

I've always considered their single and dual relay devices as the same, but doubled, if you get my meaning.. turns out they have two single relay products, the 1 and the 1D. I never noticed that D hanging out at the end before. They both can be used in Line and low voltage DC applications, which is how I "discovered the obvious."

I am looking to use the Qubino Flush 1D as the remote to my Pool Heater, which needs to be a dry contact. I'm looking to use a Qubino Flush 2 in 24 vdc mode to control a Jandy-like Pool valve Actuator.

I think I used wrong terminology to describe what I am looking for. I would like something that can sense the status of a switch. My use case is to put wired sensors on some outdoor gates. I currently have a z-wave sensor in a piece of PVC tubing but while it is mostly weatherproof, the temperature extremes are hard on battery life. I am thinking of using a wired switch, running the wire into the house, and connected it to something like the Mimolite so it can participate in the home automation system. It's a bit confusing because the Fortrezz units can do both, sense and switch.

Thanks!

A sensor not a relay . . .

Just use any Door/Window 'Contact Sensor' that has external wire inputs.

Many of the magnetic door/window sensor on the market have a pair of dry contact sense points inside.

https://discoverecolink.com/product/dwzwave2-eco/

There's a 2 wire header inside that receives a sensor. I have used it for a pressure switch (which is a resistive change) and to sense a Large (waterproof/outdoor) push button.

Both have worked fine for me.

the specific photo, from this ancient thread:

1 Like

csteele: Thanks for that lead! I had done a similar thing with one of the early generation ST door/window sensors but the newer ones are not a friendly to modifications. The ST sensor didn't have screw terminals but the connection to the magnetic sensor was easily accessible so with a bit of soldering . . .

ogiewon: I didn't realize these existed! Any recommendations? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a HE driver for either of the Fortrezz relay devices?

Eric,

Sorry! I just saw this question. Hopefully you’ve already found some of the contact sensors with external sensor terminals. The ones I have were part of an old GoControl kit sold at Home Depot a few years back.

A quick search in the SmartThings Community forum will probably turn up what folks are currently buying.

Thank you. No problem. I found an Ecolink model that has screw terminals. Hope to hook it up this weekend. I will post results.

1 Like

Did anyone get the mimolite working?

I've got the Mimolite "working" as a "Generic Z-Wave Relay" but I'd like to know if there's a better driver for it?

I don't know if it is better but I just converted a SmartThings DH to Hubitat

Just to reply to an earlier post, there's an updated driver, you can just search for it. Seems to work well. I have the MIMO2 but so far no luck on a driver that does two. I'm not sure I'm up for coding it myself.

Did you struggle to get the mimolite to pair?

No, pairing itself was easy. It was just figuring out which driver to use.

Built in support for the MIMO2+ will be included in platform version 2.1.2

1 Like

Perfect, that's made my life so much easier!