For those who own a personal weather station and have it working with HE, what do you own?

I am using the WS-2902C. It works fine for me. I also get custom predictions from Ambient Weather app. It is always 3 degrees colder here then at surrounding locations and the Ambient Weather app now know that and adjust the low predictions for me so I can now avoid frosts/freezes like happened Monday. Weather Under ground was saying 35 (AccuWeather was at 37) but it got to 31-32 Ambient Weather was predicting 33.

1 Like

I need one to take care of my plants, most rain (only 1.14 inches this week but the grass if finally growing) and if it will freeze (I have some several plant I over winter) or get to 20 F so I need to protect the rosemary plants too.

I agree the wind gauge is the part I trust the least on my 2902C.

The WS-2902C driver has all values available locally.

I'm using a Tempest Weather Station. Spendy but the best system I've ever owned.

My Tempest

Wow, thanks. I just discovered a Tempest Weather station <1 mile from where I live. That will do nicely. Now to integrate via their API.

1 Like

A driver for their API integration is already available on the community drivers list.

1 Like

i use a ecowitt weather station.. in fact i now have them in 3 different locations..

Their drivers are pretty good..

They obviously have there own website and graphs and also integrate with basic info( not all into weather underground)..

but here are shots of my hubitat dashboard using just the basic device and hubgraph

1 Like

Circling back around to this......after some research, it now appears as if I need to "own" the weather station in order to access the data. Is that correct?

I could alternatively just webscrape that particular page.

If you are referring to the WU driver. I have configured stations that weren't mine and it works.

But do you have a token that you have generated through your own station/api? Or something. There doesnt seem a method to generate a token if I dont own a weather station....

I think WU got rid of the "free" tokens but there are other weather services you could query (depending on your location) that are free. The US national weather service or the Met Office (UK & Australia) are a couple examples. There are weather service drivers that allow querying a bunch of services if you check the community drivers list.

1 Like

I don't remember how I got the token. Probably yes through my station. Maybe you can set up an account without the hardware?

Correct. I also have a Tempest. Highly recommended, and their customer service is excellent.

Yes, you need to log into your WeatherFlow account in order to access the Settings page of your device, where you can generate an access token.

I wrote my own integration to just get the data I need, but there's also a HE driver available. But you'll need the API key no matter what, unless you screen scrape the data from a web page.

If you've got time to kill and have the skills necessary, you could go through the Javascript code on the publicly accessible page and see if there's a call you can make to get the data in json (or some other) format.

I believe OpenWeather is free.

I use Ambient Weather since they seem to figured out my location is about 2 or 3 degrees colder (for the low) then the surrounding area and adjusts their forecast so I get a more accurate prediction if it is gong to freeze or not. Weather Underground is the next closest but does not adjust it for my location so I have to subtract 3 degrees.