For sale: barely used AEON Labs DSB9104-ZWUS HEM v1 (Z-wave)

Update: 2 left

I have 2 of these for sale, barely used.

These are Z-wave, not Plus. North American frequency.
Directly supported by Hubitat.

I am missing 1 manual and 1 box. Each comes with a wall mount, screws, 2 clamps and 1 USB AC adapter with USB cable.

Asking $10 each plus shipping.

I suspect I'd need to use a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box for all three (over 4lbs).

I was all set to start using these in 2020, but then I realized I was already getting all the same data from my PowerWall (via the local integration).

1 Like

Do these need to be installed inside the panel, or would it be possible to measure power on, for example, a mini split by clamping these around the wire powering the compressor running through the crawl space?

In theory you could monitor your mini split's power, but you'd need access to both legs of the 240V circuit individually. This would be easiest at the main breaker, the compressor, or an intermediate disconnect if one exists. Based on the picture, you'd also need access to a standard 120V receptacle to power the device. From online sources, it looks like an alternate power supply was available as well. That one connected directly to one hot leg of the panel bus and to the neutral.

I've never used one of these models, just sharing what I've learned during my few minutes of research.

1 Like

It can be powered by the included AC adapter (with a mini-USB connector) or via 4 AA batteries.

I can't find this manual anywhere online, so I took pictures of it.