Flush mount can LEDs?

Anyone have any recommendations for a smart equivalent of these? I have cans of two different sizes in our basement which I’d like to add tunable white LEDs to — so that they can match the circadian color temperature routine I have setup on the rest of the house, controlled by Node Red+Hubitat.

I currently have a bunch of sengled bulbs but I’m not committed to that brand as long as they’re Hubitat friendly.

Might be easier/cheaper to just put in a zigbee/zwave switch unless you need to address each light (i.e. color variations, etc.)

Does look like Hue produces some

2 Likes

Any light that is powered by an in-wall switch I highly recommend you use non-smart LED bulbs in the fixtures and then use a single in-wall smart switch to control them. Otherwise you have the potential issue someone in the house turns off the wall switch which then renders all the smart bulbs useless.

2 Likes

Me too. I have replaced a total of seven pot lights upstairs and just purchased some more yesterday to start the downstairs.

But in my search I did come across some tuneable ones from philips. They are only 65w equivalent and they are wifi. I assume they are wifi because that were 90% of the market is.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philips-wiz-65w-6-inch-downlight-wifi-full-colour-tunable-white-2200-6500k-smart-led-light-fixture/1001361235?eid=PS_GOOGLE_D27L%20-%20CM_E-Comm_GGL_Shopping_PLA_EN_Lighting_Lighting_PLA_EN__PRODUCT_GROUP_aud-766395132185:pla-342272503389&gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnABpWujHIDBrYesaArw465XPIdMCFaXTbGmbOKtcUV35U-NWN-bUMBoC83MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for the suggestion to use a switch. The reason I want bulbs is so I can control the color temperature throughout the day. I use smart bulbs with smart/dumb switches depending on the other uses of the room and it generally works great.

We have this system on every bulb in our house, but I prefer the look of the flush mount LEDs instead of bulbs hanging in the can socket.

2 Likes

Sylvania/Osram/LEDVance (whatever they are calling themselves now :roll_eyes:) has one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015KQ29JI/

1 Like