FIXED - Simple Way To Stop Locks From Asking Yes / No - From Dashboard Link

So .. I Installed a New Z-Wave Lock On My Door Added It To My Dashboard ..
But guess what ? It Keeps asking you if you want do lock and un-lock it ! ( Umm .. Really ? )
So I made a very simple way to over ride that stupid thing. So it stops asking you!

Just wanted to put this out incase someone wants a way to do it with basic apps.

1. I made a Virtual Switch For the Lock ( V-BUTTON-LOCK-DOOR )
  2. Then Used ( 2 ) BASIC rules to make the [ V-BUTTON-LOCK-DOOR ] Lock And Un-Lock The Lock.
  3. Then Used ( 1 ) MIRROR Rule to Sync the lock and V-BUTTON-LOCK-DOOR Icon On The Dashboard.

That's all you need to make it work without asking you that dumb question !
This also sync's the icon when someone locks / un-locks the door lock by hand. :slight_smile:

Anyway here's some screen shots of the simple rules you will need.

1 Like

Curious what you mean by this. I have a Z-Wave and Zigbee lock and never noticed them doing anything on their own when in dashboards. Are you sure you didn't have an automation running that was doing something? How were they asking you to lock or un-lock?

When I have a lock directly on a dashboard, when I tap it, it asks "Are you sure?" before it will perform the lock/unlock. So I think I understand where @WarlockWeary is coming from.

2 Likes

Ah. confirmation step. I thought he was saying the locks kept independently throwing up "Should I lock?" messages. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct :slight_smile:

1 Like