First time booting C-4 hub

Hahaha

Isn't it true that this won't work unless the platform is running already? Right now, AFAICT from @tim.w.newsom's description, there is nothing listening on TCP port 80.

If it cannot be done already, I think it would be great if there was a way to run the updateDiagnosticTool script from the Diagnostic Tool on port 8081.

That's how I understand it currently, @aaiyar.

1 Like

The URL in the doc will update the tool, but IIRC there was a cut off where it doesn’t work if it’s too old. This is an edge case, so creating a documented procedure might not make sense.

Blue light on the C4 doesn’t indicate there’s no platform running. Not sure what the issue is. Going to need @bobbyD or @gopher.ny to assist.

2 Likes

Let's try a few of things here... replace hubs.ip.address.here with actual IP.

1. Run this in command prompt or terminal: curl -s -X POST http://hubs.ip.address.here:8081/api/getLatest
    This might get the latest version of hub software. I'm saying might because we don't know what the diagnostics tool version is.

2. There may be a reset screen at http://hubs.ip.address.here:8081/resetHub, see if that works. If there is a screen, it should give some options, please PM me a screenshot.

3. There also is a "last resort" URL at :slight_smile: CENSORED :slight_smile: ...

5 Likes

Now that my first 24 hours are up and I can reply again..
I was contact by support and informed that the system could not be booted since it didn't have any previous version on it. So I am upgrading to a C-7, to get started.

4 Likes

Well, I’m sure there is a way to do it if you shipped the hub back to @bobbyD. When the hubs are first brought up, they have nothing on them.

It's a C-4. The hub warranty is long gone. He'll be much happier with the performance of a C-7 anyway.

1 Like

But @bobbyD has so much spare time, and he likes a challenge now and then to shake his boredom.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Bah. I say either support makes it work, or sends him a C-7 for free. :wink:

2 Likes

That has not been the case in over 2 years. All hubs come preloaded to avoid the kind of problems that @tim.w.newsom ran into.

1 Like

You misunderstood my statement. First brought up. At the factory, at time of manufacture. From ground zero.

Ah, you youngsters who never brought up computers in the sixties.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.