First rule, not that easy

I'm trying to make my first rule in rule machine. Want to do this: At day and evening time switch on heating when temp is below 15 degrees C and turn it off again when temperature raises to 16 C. Well this works but after it turns of it will not turn on again. How do I fix that?

Thanks Carl, that makes perfectly sense. Two questions though; is the second Mode in Day, Evening necesary to switch off or would it work without it as well? And about the END-IF, is it necesary or just a good habit?

This is what it looks like now and it works!

ANother question, what if I don't want the temperautre at night to go below lets say 12 C?

Done.

Thanks a lot Carl!

Your rule looks good to me. :+1: One thing to be aware of is... If you ever add additional MODES, you'll need to add them to this rule's conditions accordingly. Also, many users use the built-in AWAY mode, activated when nobody is at home. If you're doing so as well, make sure you add in some logic for that mode as well as any other modes you may have.

1 Like

Another option is to use virtual thermostat temperature update and pipe that into a virtual thermostat. Then you can do scheduling that way and do mode/schedule based switching with a single rule that uses thermostat operating state to turn on/off whatever you want.. I use this method to control a couple of zwave switched dumb heaters.

1 Like