Firmware/platform update question

I have a question regarding a firmware/platform upgrade. I've sort of moved away from home automation over the past couple of years but the itch is back and I want to scratch it.

My C7 has been operating flawlessly on version 2.2.8.156 for a couple of years now. Prior to that, I had lots of zwave issues so once that firmware resolved all of them, I stopped upgrading and moved on to some other hobbies. So now that I'm getting back into it, my question is this: Is moving from such an old platform to the latest 2.3.2.139 going to cause lots of unforeseen issues?

There is a ZWave update available that is highly recommended if you upgrade. Current version 2.3.2.139 seems to be very stable so while YMMV I don't think you will see any degradation in your set up.

3 Likes

No and probably the opposite. There have been many improvements to the hub as a whole, and the previously mentioned Z-wave Firmware update really helps stability. C7 2.3.1 and Z-Wave Firmware 7.17.1

2 Likes

So to make sure I have it correct here - upgrade to the latest platform and then go into the Zwave settings and upgrade firmware there, correct?

1 Like

Yep.

I think after doing the Z-wave Firmware update, it would be a good idea to do a full shutdown, pull the plug from the wall for a minute or so, and power back up to power cycle the Zwave radio. But that isn't mandatory. Some have seen their Z-wave table go away or the Z-wave radio crash some time after the update but it seems to be resolved by a power cycle. So I advocate doing the power cycle to clear out the cruft.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I updated the firmware (and again today) and see no issues. The only difference I do notice is that my Lutron responsiveness is a bit slower. Whereas clicking a Pico would turn on a corresponding light almost immediately before, there is a 1/2-1 second delay now. Not earth shattering.

The new firmware is complaining that my Sensibo driver is throwing too many events but Iโ€™m not sure how I can fix that without reviewing the driver code as I donโ€™t immediately see an option in the GUI to turn down reporting frequency.

There is a new Pico driver that eliminates the delay, but also eliminates the double click if I remember correctly. The new driver is called Lutron Fast Pico.

Thanks! That fixed the issue!

1 Like