Firmware itch

Up and running on 4 here - no problems.

1 Like

2 things, if you disarm "smoke/water" you can't rearm on 2.2
and the z-wave details have removed the dec(hex) display and it's only hex now
but hub is much faster and I'm removing my nightly reboot sequence

EDIT- even tho HSM indicated "all disarmed", as soon as I armed away via Iris v3 keypad, everything came back, smoke&water armed by themself, but from the hsm page once you disarm it, the rearm button does nothing.

That's hilarious. Airplane if I remember correctly. the PC police would have a field day with that movie, no one can take a joke anymore

1 Like

I'm actually in a catch 22. Neither solution is perfect.

Since lighting is now done locally on ST as well(at least in my use case) that cloud connectivity is no longer as much of an issue. Also native support for Honeywell wifi thermostats is a big bonus. However the big negative is pocorning with bulbs(No zigbee group messaging support).

With Hubitat and it doesn't look like the color device bug got fixed with the update just released. If you try to changing between whites and different colors on RGBW devices it always results in an error response back from Alexa. On the plus side no annoying popcorn effect.

Do you mean the Alexa app? Or an Echo device? I just changed my RGBW bulbs via an Echo from warm white to red and back - no error response. These are Sengled Color bulbs (RGBW).

Both actually the app and the device. If I remember correctly it results in the error "Device is unresponsive". The Echo device will display a delayed response with the spinning blue indicator. Using Sengled bulbs as well.

In fact, myself along with another user were able to confirm the same behavior even after basic troubleshooting. Essentially hub factory resets and removal of the Alexa skill/Hubitat devices within Alexa itself. I think we both ended up reporting it to support.

1 Like

For me, with my Sylvania/osram RGBW, and my Ecosmart CT bulbs, it is very inconsistent. The ecosmart turned cool white, but not warm white. The Sylvania would turn RGB to RGB, and RGB to warm white and vise-versa, but not to cool white no matter what.

I also learned the command is "make" as in "Alexa, make table lamp blue".

Yep, that is what I got when I couldn't change colors too. It responded fine with some, but the spinning blue when she couldn't quite figure it out for some reason.

I don't know if this is Hubitat, or Alexa though?

hrm I've been using "set" example "Alexa, set the bedroom lamp to blue."

1 Like

Its definitely related to Hubitat however it could be the Hubitat Alexa skill. No issue with ST, Wink, and Sengled's own hub. I've tried all three platforms.

I tried set, and it bombed out every time so I looked it up. A few places said make so that is what I used, and it worked (somewhat). I don't know if there are multiple arguments that will work, or what?

I wish I could try make but cant since I sent both Hubitat and ST back for the time being. Sort of living off a Wink/Sengled hub hybrid setup atm. I would imagine it wouldn't make a difference for the Alexa app though.

It may or may not be helpful, but I rarely have to issue an Alexa command for the lights. I have 13 Echos, 16 motion sensors, plus contact sensors and around 40 button controllers. Once everything is setup, there is seldom a need to touch a button or speak to an Echo. When I do use Alexa, it works for me, but more cumbersome than hitting a button. I have over 85 color lights, and I know that if I change from a white to color and back it errors (at least last time I checked), but that situation happens rarely for me. I know with SmartThings, you think it’s going to be local. I had locally controlled lights, motion sensors, and button controllers, but when the cloud would go down, only motion automations worked. The automation for the buttons was offloaded to the cloud. So even though the devices were local, the rules weren’t. It used to drive me crazy.
Edit: Make the kitchen warm white/red/cool white, etc. Is what I use as well.