Firmware 2.2.4 and Aeotec Door/Window Series 7 issues

@bcopeland, I tried the wake-up trigger on one of the Recessed Door Sensor 7 devices (Coat Closet Door sensor, see screenshot in my post above) after updating my C-7 to 2.2.4.141.

Link to post above with screenshots

Firmware 2.2.4 and Aeotec Door/Window Series 7 issues

Also hit Configure and Save Preferences just for good measure. Serial number still a long string of zeroes, as before.

New error appeared in the live log when this was done:

Device still seems functional.

I have one coming in.. This is the only model I didn’t have.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bryan. It will make your life complete.

1 Like

Well I don’t know about it completing me :joy:

1 Like

But at least I will be able to see first hand what issues there may be.

1 Like

Bryan, simply to further complete your life, below is another, different, error message from the same Recessed Door Sensor 7, about which I posted above, that I did the wake-up trigger you indicated would be necessary. It’s the same C-7 running 2.2.4.141 as before. No additional wake-up trigger or Configure or Save Device or Save Parameters was done subsequent to the report yesterday that showed yesterday’s error message. Operation is still fine for this device.

As an additional piece of information, the error occurred the first time the door was opened after sitting closed overnight. Subsequent open/close today do not produce an error.

Enjoy!

I still having issues with this driver? Is there a driver that works with the recessed sensor?

1 Like

Same boat here. I have excluded and reset the sensor. Then included it without security just to make sure it wasn't the sensor and it worked perfectly. Since it is an exterior door, I'd prefer S2.

But I know @bcopeland is on it and it'll get resolved soon.

1 Like

I did the same thing and it works without S2 but mine is going on exterior door also and want the same. Thanks

2 Likes

Bad news... Nothing I can do to fix this.. Aeotec has a firmware bug.. The SDK is blocking it because the session ID is not incrementing on the supervision get requests from the device..aeotec1

3 Likes

I have open and closed this a hundred times.. and the session ID stays 0x02

Until Aeotec fixes their bug.. It will only work if included without security

1 Like

And I didn’t see a firmware update on their site for this device

1 Like

We are attempting to contact Aeotec engineering about this problem

2 Likes

Ok, fine, thanks for looking into this. I didn’t find any firmware updates on the Aeotec site. I looked before reporting issues for the device. My particular needs right now don’t require S2, but I would, eventually, like to put them on our front and back doors.

What about these other issues with this device that don’t involve S2? Note that these are just the things I have noted. Others have reported other issues.

And

And

And

One of those is not the same device..

The others..

I just re-included without security and am having no issues with the device on the current driver version ..

Interesting note.. the button does not trigger wakeup.. so looks like there is no way to trigger wakeup from this device, you have to wait until the wakeup period..

Pressing the button just triggers a NIF, no wakeup

Which one? Respectfully, Bryan, they are. I can send you pictures of each. They came in the same order from Amazon, in identical boxes.

The device names are:
Bedroom Closet Door Sensor
Library Closet Door Sensor
Coat Closet Door Sensor

All are ZW187-A

:point_up_2: Zooz