Finding right driver for GE/Jasco ZW3005 ZW+

I have this dimmer that works ok, except the status is not to be trusted. When motion lighting turns it off, it goes off, but it still reports that it's on. In fact if you check the logs it shows it turns off, turns back on and then goes to some random percentage. But, the lights in fact remain off. I guess I didn't notice, until I made some automations that only run when those lights are on. So now it matters. I have tried numerous drivers. Currently using "Generic Z-Wave Plus Dimmer." I have tried "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" and the botched "GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer". Some don't work at all, others give the same bad on/off status. Wondering if this switch has just gone bad? NOTE: This is an area where Hubitat could improve. I get that it's nice to be able to use random drivers, but a "RECOMMENDED DRIVER" section in the Device Information sheet would be a godsend. Picture included in case that helps. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

@wiegout I'm not sure that's actually z-wave+. It may be z-wave only. You need to install z-wave poller. z-wave plus will report status properly but not z-wave (due to licensing issues). Z-wave poller fixes that.

1 Like

I have a few of these and can second @rlithgow1’s comment. Their status is reported with the Z-Wave Poller app.

I actually pulled the switch out of the wall earlier because I too didn't believe it was PLUS, but indeed it has the logo on the back. And the poller will not allow me to add it. I still have 15-20 old switches that get polled. Anyone with other ideas?

1 Like

Reach out to GE/Jasco support. Given its date code of 2018 it’s still within warranty and maybe they will swap it out with the latest model.

1 Like

@Sebastien @wiegout I seem to remember a discussion there were a few of these that were labeled z-wave plus but they still didn't report. They were early versions. I could be wrong but I distinctly remember something about it.

1 Like

Except the date code on this is newer. It’s probably going bad.

2 Likes