Finally time to move from Wink2 Hub... C8 Acquired

team america vomit GIF

2 Likes

Any wifi devices you integrate should have a DHCP reservation including hubitat itself. That way after reboot or power failure everything can be found properly.

2 Likes

Ah, kindred souls indeed, then. :slight_smile:

I sense a lack of faith in this one...

3 Likes

Star Trek Kirk GIF

2 Likes

Today I learned a Quebec swear word:

Tabarnak

The "tabernacle" refers to the portable house of God/holiest of holy places carried out of Egypt by the Isrealites and used for worship during their many wanderings, in place of a temple. Basically an equivalent to F#CK, only it actually refers to a decked out porta-Church with its own sacrificial altar.

Of course, although I know the reference, I don't understand the swearing aspect.

2 Likes

@Ranchitat and @aaiyar I bought a box of Kasa Smart Wi-fi Plug Minis and a Kasa Smart WiFi Outdoor Plug to bring everything into alignment per your suggestion. However, in the Hubitat Elevation app, and the Web portal, there is no listing for these devices in the Add a Device path. Am I missing something? Should I be setting these up with Amazon Echo or the Kasa app and then "discovering" them through the Hubitation UI, or something else?

You'll need to use a built in app to add/control Kasa devices, start here:

It's pretty straight forward, first time takes a little longer but overall it's pretty quick.
Just try and set up DHCP reservations for your Kasa devices on your router right from the start.
And if you get stuck you can check the original and related, but no longer required since it's now built-in, mega-thread instructions here.

1 Like

Thanks, I'll check that out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.