Special HPM Instructions for this release only. After updating via HPM, do an HPM repair. (used to correct discrepancy ).
New users. This integration is now a part of the latest Hubitat version. Installations should be completed using that version.
InstallationNotes have been updated to handle the built-in version as well as the legacy version. Link to all instructions: https://github.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/tree/master/KasaDevices#readme
Note on KP125M: This device is not supported via this integration at this time. Work is in-progress for a seamless integration. For now, it is supported via a manual installation. See: TP-Link Kasa and Tapo Discovery - #8 by djgutheinz
Supported Devices. Currently, the Kasa Integration should support all non-Matter Kasa devices on the US TP-Link Pages (and by extension, non-US versions of same product types). The integration does not support Tapo devices. The lines below are the current products. Previous versions are also supported.
- SmartPlugs: Smart Plugs | TP-Link.
- Also supports the Energy Monitor functions for plugs with that capability.
- SmartSwitches: Smart Switches | TP-Link
- Motion Activitated switches: work on basic (on/off, dimming) functions.
- A future version may support motion activation control; however, there is not way to determine if a motion detection has occurred other than the on/off state of the device.
- SmartLighting: Smart Lighting | TP-Link
- Light Strip: A multi-segment light strip is worked as a single-segment only.
- SmartCamera and Kasa Thermostat/KH100 hub: Not currently supported.
- Near future development of Control and Motion Alerts from these devices. Special conditions may apply for Control.
Version 2.3.5-1 Update. (Update is optional)
- Energy Monitor Devices: Added energyToday poll interval select of 1, 5, or 30 minutes.
- All Devices: Added Manual IP and Port update in preferences (caution).
ISSUES: If you have issues, the first thing to do is read the instruction/help available by the ? icon in the app and Kasa Help button in the devices. Major sections for problem resolution is "Troubleshooting".
Community Integration Links (for users with already installed integrations):
- Kasa App: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/Application/KasaIntegrationApp.groovy
- Plug Switch, EM Plug, MultiPlug, EM MultiPlug: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/Plug-Switch.groovy
- Dimming Switch: https://github.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/blob/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/DimmingSwitch.groovy
- Color Bulb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/ColorBulb.groovy
- CT Bulb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/CTBulb.groovy
- Mono Bulb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/WhiteBulb.groovy
- Light Strip: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/LightStrip.groovy
Disclaimer: No association with Hubitat
This integration is custom code developed by a Hubitat community member - with support from other community members. It is in no way certified by Hubitat. The developer has fully tested this code within a home environment using available TP-Link/Kasa and other devices. No significant problems have been found that would impact other integrations; however, the complexity of the Hubitat system does not guarantee some level of adverse interaction in other installations.