Fibaro water sensor pairing

1st timer with smart home anything. Just got my c-7 registered and easily paired a Minoston Zwave mini plug. Works fine.
Challanges with Fibaro Flood Sensor: FGFS-101 ZW5
With Inclusion steps, the results that come back after timing out...
" Looks like you’re having trouble including your device. Please exclude it or perform a factory reset on the device before attempting to include it again. If the device still won't include after exclusion or factory reset, please review the best practices for building a solid Z-Wave mesh."

Device is within feet of hub. This is the 2nd device I am trying to add. Have followed Inclusion directions exactly.
I emailed Fibaro tech help and they reply with 1) how to factory reset device (which I am now very proficient with), and 2) "contact the Hub manufacturer for further assistance".
Any guidance is much appreciated. Thank you.

The next thing I would try in this situation is to shut down the hub via the Settings page, then unplug the hub from the wall plug, wait 1-5 minutes and then plug it back in.

Check the Z-Wave Settings screen from Settings to see if there is a Z-Wave Firmware Update available button. If so, press the button to update the firmware.

Try the removal and then the adding again afterwards.

Hi Sebastien. Thanks for the reply. I did the shutdown with wait. Checked for updates and seems it's all good: "Currently running version: 2.3.4.138 No updates available."
Did factory reset again holding tmp button till 4th light, then one toggle to select, and got the confirmation one red flash/tone. Proceeded with the Add steps:

1. Select the Start Z-Wave Inclusion button.
  2. Press the TMP button quickly, 3 times in a row.
  3. Wait for the inclusion process to end and the device is successfully included.

Unfortunately got the same "Looks like your having trouble...". So hub just isn't finding dang fibaro. I'll let it marinade another day or so before deciding to return this water sensor. Thanks, again!

Do you have another device that you could try pairing? This would help determine if the issue is with the device or the hub.

I only have a Minoston mini plug which I got to connect the other day on the first try. And I can control the On/Off command, so that installed fine & works like a charm.
I'm getting a Monoprice door sensor in a week or so. Hopefully that loads as easily as the mini plug. No other devices on hand to test with at the moment.

1 Like

I suspect an issue with the Flood Sensor, but it’s hard to say for sure!

For giggles, can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety?

1 Like

I have a couple of these flood sensors and my experience has not been good. Mine would only include with S0 security, which creates a lot of additional overhead. Plus why have security on a flood sensor in the first place? I was finally able to get them to include w/o security but I had to use a z-wave stick to do it. In my personal opinion not worth the hassle. I returned my unused ones and as the batteries die on my existing ones I'm tossing them.

Before you go too much further in your zwave build-out please make sure to take a look at this document. It will save you a lot of time later on. In the mean time @rlithgow1's suggestion is really important. The process of failed inclusions often produces ghosts and those are easier to address now before they cause real issues later.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

1 Like

I had a similar problem when I was trying to pair a used sensor. In my case, I had to use a brand new battery in order to add the device successfully

2 Likes

I believe he wants you to go here http://YourHubIPAddress/hub/zwaveInfo

1 Like

Ok. My Monoprice 700 series door sensor just arrived. Do I try this device at this time (Sebastien)? Or, with my many failed attempts on water sensor inclusion, do I put on a ghostbusters hat (Brad) prior to further zwave build-out? Also, did my snapshot of Details page (Rick) provide any clues to any of this mystery?...I'm hoping that was the page you were looking for. If not, happy to provide what else might help. Thank you to all you community gurus here. Though I'm trying to read up on all these issues, I'm so impressed and appreciative of this group support.

I would! It only takes a few min to check.

Did you post this here? I don't see it...

Dang it. Sure thought I did yesterday. Here it is...

Oh wow. OK. Well, no ghosts. But not a very strong mesh either :slight_smile: Adding another zwave device or two might work just fine but I'd really think about adding a number of repeating devices before you go much further.

But in any case if you want to try your contact sensor it may connect just fine,

Yeah, kinda having ordered only 3 devices, not much mesh to speak of. Didn't know if extra repeater would have any bearing on adding the fibaro water sensor since I'm sitting in front of the hub during inclusion. I'll give the monoprice 700 door sensor a whirl rt now. Thanks!
Update: Looks like I'll pause progress till I hear back from Monoprice. Here's a random wire sticking out of one of the magnet casing holes preventing it from snapping closed. Hmm.

Please click on that firmware update button. When complete, shut down your hub from the settings menu. Unplug power to the hub (at the wall not the hub) for 5 mins and power back up. Do this before adding anything else.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.