Fibaro The Button help please

I have a Fibaro The Button, which works perfectly on SmartThings using the official device handler from github/richb1. Can't get it working with Hubitat though, in a way which I simply don't understand - though I'm happy to admit there's a lot I don't understand!

The device pairs, but although I've added in the (suitably modified) Fibaro driver which has appropriate footprints, it's picked up as a Generic Z-Wave Button Controller. It's picked up correctly by the footprint as a Fibaro Button in SmartThings.

The real trouble comes with the zwave.parse method - this always seems to return Crc16Encap(checksum:null, command:null, commandClass:null, data:null), and behaves the same whether in the generic or Fibaro driver. My understanding (evidently flawed) was that if parsing fails this would return null, not an object full of null values. Regardless of that, it looks like there's something wrong in either the command or the parsing.

The equivalent result of zwave.parse in SmartThings is like SecurityMessageEncapsulation(secondFrame: false, commandIdentifier: 3, commandClassIdentifier: 91, commandByte: [4, 128, 1], sequenceCounter: 0, sequenced: false, reserved13: 0).

The string input for those two results are respectively: Hubitat zw device: 07, command: 5601, payload: 5B 03 03 80 01 26 98 BF 00 and SmartThings zw device: 1F, command: 9881, payload: 00 5B 03 04 80 01.

I've reincluded, with no change in behaviour.

Any help would be appreciated.

Found this:

regarding CRC16

1 Like

Didn't see that when looking around for help. Thank you. Sounds like the whole CRC thing isn't supported yet, so it's a case of wait and hope, and in the meantime leave the button on SmartThings.

With the newly released CRC16 functionality (thanks!) I've now built a driver for the Fibaro The Button:

I just put it together this morning, so it's not even at a point deserving of a 0.x release number yet! Once it's had a bit more time and been shown to be functional and stable, I'll stick up a proper release post.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.