Fibaro Smart Implant

Thanks for the updated driver @christi999 works a treat.

On a separate note, you dont happen to know if there is a trick to getting the external temp sensors (DS18B20) to show a value. When I configure the device, it reads back the internal temp fine, but never gets the external sensor. The external sensor should show up as end point 8 on device 7.

When I do a manual refresh, is see the following output in the log " 2020-06-05 18:49:49.484 [debug] {childRefresh, ep=8}" But i dont seem to get a response.

The inputs seem to configured. I think I am missing something obvious, but cant see it.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 18.41.23|690x355

I don't have any, other people said it was working fine... Did you follow the procedure in the documentation (not sure it makes a difference but that's a starting point)?

1. Connect all three sensor wires to the right terminals on the implant
  2. Power the device
  3. Add the device to the Z-Wave network

Yep, all connected and checked.
The sensor is getting power 3.3v, gound and the Signal line.
Implant is working nicely on the network for all the other functions... I will keep trying. Thanks though.

Also step #4 which is where you have set one external sensor, save and send config, works for me.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 2.13.11 PM

Yea, the number of external sensors is only used to create the right number of child devices. There is no configuration sent to the implant for the external temp sensors except for the periodical reports or the minimum change reports. So the implant should automatically be configured for the external sensors when they are present.

My only interrogation had to do with the proper sequence to follow so they work with the implant, does it matter that the sensor are connected before powering-up? Connected before joining the network?

Also set the periodical reports, if you don't see them in the log there is something wrong on the implant/sensor side.

Probably will not work... maybe put the maximum number of external sensors in the preferences and try to refresh all of them...

I think when I set it up I connected the external sensor before first adding into Hubitat, but also remember adding the external (1) just cause it said external sensor :slight_smile:

That seemed to work... so had to reset the device to factory defaults, exclude it, then wire it all up and connect it all, then add it back to the network. and then it worked... Good tip.

Thanks

Okay, maybe I was too quick to run the hub update but now the Fibaro stopped working :frowning:

I updated my hub after seeing your post and got the same result. Version 1.6 is out. I did this quickly but hope it solves all problem. I will check more tomorrow.

1 Like

Installed 1.6 and my smart implant now works perfectly, thank-you !

Very nice work by the way, your driver works very well

1 Like

1.6 did the trick!

Thanks for the quick response.

What changed, just curious?

The signature for the zwave "Multi Channel" class changed from V3 to V4. The implant documentation says that you should be using V4, I don't know why it was coded as V3 in the first place (seed design by "boblehest"). Maybe hubitat didn't support it then and was mapping V4 to V3 and in the last update they implemented V4?

1 Like

Again great job!

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I just kept putting it off until now... Please continue the discussion about the driver in this new developers forum thread (the proper place for it):

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-fibaro-smart-implant-fgbs-222/42983

Thanks
Chris

Thanks muchu999, your update to the main driver fixed my issue with getting the Smart Implant inputs

1 Like

I love the smart implant and this driver and support is amazing.
I’m finding that my 6 temperature sensors are all reliably updating very often. They certainly aren’t quick to respond to changes. Anybody know why this could be?

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but cannot be sure how I can do what I have in mind. I would like to connect two magnetic door contacts and power the whole thing with a 9V battery, is this doable? The reason is that I want to monitor an outdoors screen position (one sensor at bottom and one at the top) using the contacts and having the implant and battery in a weatherproof box.

If possible can you help me with the correct wiring?

Thanks

Nope. It's a repeater so would drain the battery in no time. It needs a permanent supply.

Might have to think of using a 12v battery and solar panel charger.