Fibaro roller shutter 3

Is this a concern?
Its filling my logs at twice an hour, every hour, at reasonably consistent intervals, since installation last week.

Those messages don’t look like a problem (look like comments for the dev to track message processing) other than that they are still occurring after a week. May want to go into the driver and turn off the debug setting to see if it stops them.

No such setting in the FGR-223 driver

Do you have access to the source code? The messages should be easy to find and disable.

Yes totally agree......
I believe Fibaro is much more reliable than Qubino ( both from European manufacturers )....All my Qubino devices have already failed within weeks of installation and had to return them for a refund.....The Fibaro devices are still running strong without a failure as yet....yes I do hope that Fibaro gets more support.....I definitely prefer their products....

I've released an updated version of the driver that fixes a few issues and allows disabling of logging, etc:

Thanks for that....will try out in due course....

Hi @chirpy!

I have this driver installed on my shutter and it has been working fine - grate job!

If I may, I'd like to suggest you to configure it to use Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) - this way, everytime you release an updated version of the driver all users are automatically informed. It is really simple to implement - by the way, HPM is awesome! - and if you need any assistance in configuring it, I'm here to help.

Marco

It is now available in HPM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great !!! Thanks !!

Guys,
today I have connected the Roller shutter 3 and installed driver Fibaro FGR-223. I have a problem because the Open and Close commands are inverted while the physical switch works fine( I confirmed S1 is connected to the open button and S2 to the close). I followed instructions reported above, I also created driver Basic Z-Wave tool and linked to the shutter, nevertheless the get parameter didn't work.

Any hints?

Hi @Jighen!

There's an option at the Preferences section of the device page that could help you.

I know it does not explain what's going on with your Fibaro, but it would solve the problem - I hope so ... :upside_down_face:

Hi thanks for the hint but i could not find it :sweat_smile:

At the moment I am using Fibaro dimmer as driver and more or less, at least for fully open/close it works fine. I also had a problem with the dashboard, if i select shade as tile i cannot control the shutter.

You're using a different driver than I'm.

I'm using the "Fibaro FGR-223", available in Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) as "Fibaro FGR-223 Roller Shutter 3". For me, it works ok with the Dashboard.

Give it a try.

and just for other users:
With the Roller Shutter 2 the paramter is 29 and has to be set to 1:
http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=DE&sku=FIBEFGR-222&cert=ZC08-11080006

I have a dual blind (sheer and a blockout) tthat I am trying to get working. The sheer blind works fine with its fgr but the blockout blind is reversed due to the fabric being rolled over the opposite way to fit in the blind pelmet/housing.

The blockout with standard config on its fgr reports open when its closed and vice versa, the buttons technically work with S1 open making the motor go to its open postion (which is actually closed due to the aforementioned).

I need to be able to change the action of the control of the blind which I believe can be done thru the driver, but I also need to be able to change the reporting of the blind so that open is open.

Has anyone dealt with a situation like this?

Have you tried the following option;

You can find it under “Preferences”

Cheers, I had been trying that but it didn't seem to work, as well as the IO switching in the config.

I used basic zwave tool and confirmed that the config was not being altered. I removed the device, reset it and readded and the reversal switch now works but I still couldn't change the S1/2 parameter, I had to use zwave tool but its all working now.

Great! Glad to know that it’s working now.

As I use to say, the most important device in a computerized system is the power switch … :smiley:

Thank you very very very much for this instructions! I wasted some hours to include the device. Then I've read each post about it and finally I've found your procedure: it worked! Thanks!