Fibaro roller shutter 3

Wish I had the required knewledge to update the driver myself :slight_smile:
The truth is I just made some minor changes to change the ST driver to work on HE.
By the way, there is a part in the driver code I hade to mark as inactive as it produced errors and this part might be the missing functionality you are looking for. I am sure someone with some Z-wave programming can solve this easily but I could not get "someone" helkp till now :slight_smile:
But..... for you requirement I might sugest a different solution. What is you use Scenes. Meaning, record the required shade position as a scene. and then call this scene in RM. Will this do the job?
Did not try using scenes in RM myself buy I do use them in general.

Hi @amithalp thanks!
I did not try the the scenes options as yet. I will do so as per suggestions and revert....
BTW, regarding the driver even though I do not understand anything, I did try changing the section which states def "level" from every "level" to "position" in all the lines, but this did not help and it also stopped the Set Level from functioning normally so I reverted back to the original so it is at least back to working as before...

Hi @amithalp,
I solved this problem by using Simple Automation instead of the Rule Machine.
( Being new to Hubitat, I was not aware of the Simple Automation before ).
For the time being it works for all the Roller Shutters the way I want them to... :smile:

I am happy to hear that you found a solution. I would be happier when we have an official driver for the roller shutter by Fibaro as this is one of the most important devices for me and I guess for others as well. Maybe not in the US but in Europe for sure.

Does anybody know how to calibrate the shutter?
I can see how to change the parameter 150 to calibration mode, but not sure how the calibration process actually works.

Using Fibaro FGR-223 driver

Calibration process is done automatically by the Fibaro device once you change parameter 151 value to be '2'.
The problem you might have is that the device driver (not an official driver) might not update the parameter to '2' even when you try using the device page.
In order to make sure the parameter is set to '2' I suggest you use the Super Basic Z-wave Driver found here. Install it, assign it to the device and manually change the value to '2'. The device will run calibration (up-down-up cycle) and you ae done. Run the parameter report to make sure parameter is now set to '1' - "device is calibrated". Do not forget to change the driver again to the FGR-223 driver.
Let me know if it worked for you.

Awesome thanks!
I had been using that tool, as per your suggestion to someone else above.
Was just unsure about the calibration, but it all works sweet now!
Just FYI it was parameter 150 that needed changing to 2, not 151

Is this a concern?
Its filling my logs at twice an hour, every hour, at reasonably consistent intervals, since installation last week.

Those messages donโ€™t look like a problem (look like comments for the dev to track message processing) other than that they are still occurring after a week. May want to go into the driver and turn off the debug setting to see if it stops them.

No such setting in the FGR-223 driver

Do you have access to the source code? The messages should be easy to find and disable.

Yes totally agree......
I believe Fibaro is much more reliable than Qubino ( both from European manufacturers )....All my Qubino devices have already failed within weeks of installation and had to return them for a refund.....The Fibaro devices are still running strong without a failure as yet....yes I do hope that Fibaro gets more support.....I definitely prefer their products....

I've released an updated version of the driver that fixes a few issues and allows disabling of logging, etc:

Thanks for that....will try out in due course....

Hi @chirpy!

I have this driver installed on my shutter and it has been working fine - grate job!

If I may, I'd like to suggest you to configure it to use Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) - this way, everytime you release an updated version of the driver all users are automatically informed. It is really simple to implement - by the way, HPM is awesome! - and if you need any assistance in configuring it, I'm here to help.

Marco

It is now available in HPM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great !!! Thanks !!

Guys,
today I have connected the Roller shutter 3 and installed driver Fibaro FGR-223. I have a problem because the Open and Close commands are inverted while the physical switch works fine( I confirmed S1 is connected to the open button and S2 to the close). I followed instructions reported above, I also created driver Basic Z-Wave tool and linked to the shutter, nevertheless the get parameter didn't work.

Any hints?

Hi @Jighen!

There's an option at the Preferences section of the device page that could help you.

I know it does not explain what's going on with your Fibaro, but it would solve the problem - I hope so ... :upside_down_face:

Hi thanks for the hint but i could not find it :sweat_smile:

At the moment I am using Fibaro dimmer as driver and more or less, at least for fully open/close it works fine. I also had a problem with the dashboard, if i select shade as tile i cannot control the shutter.