Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223)

I'm a completely new Hubitat user. Just got myself two Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223) for controlling two roller shutters.

I've added them to my hub using SmartStart and the datamatrix on the devices.
Both appeared on devices list with type Fibaro Smart Implant. (See Vincent1's issue from Sept 2020)

I've also added HPM and from there added the Fibaro FGR-223 Roller Shutter 3 v0.04 driver

Any assistance would be highly appreciated!

Best Niels

I don’t have this roller shutter, but it is typically a good idea to hit “Configure” when changing drivers. Did you do that?

Can you tell us more about the issue? I assume you are not able to control it, or to see its status - is that it?

I have 12 of these working great. Let us know what is the problem and I will do my best to help.

I used the community driver by waytotheweb. It works fine for my garage roller door (I used the RS3 to replace the existing control board). I could not however get them to work at all with my Dooya curtain motors - they wouldn't complete calibration regardless of what settings I adjusted. I eventually gave up a fitted Qubino Flush Shutter modules instead.

Hi amithalp,

Thank you very much for your reply. Spring is coming and finally I have found some time to work on my 2 new roller shutters again.

Motors
My installation is build with SELVE SEL PLUS motors which include some fancy features including
Automatic up and downwards direction detection.
https://www.selve.de/media/e7/20/7c/1627563308/SELVE_BA_SEL_Plus_SES_D_GB_F_NL_PL_web_bis-2019.pdf
Unfortunately a special installation utility switch thingy (see page 23) is required for manual configuring of the motors to avoid funny modes odd auto-configurations.

Today I ordered this adapter and expect it to arrive in a few days time.

Regarding the Fibaro FRG-223
After updating my Hubitat controller today I now have two FRG-223 devices in the Devices menu.
FYI I have attached a few photos that should provide an overview of my roller shutter installation.

When I use the manual momentary switches, the rollershutter will only move up or down when I push the down button connected on the S2 terminal on the FGR-223.
Something has clearly gone wrong regarding the automatic configuration. On page 25 in the Fibaro manual it's described how the Advanced parameters should be configured.

Do you know how I can set the Advanced parameters when I don't have a Fibaro Home Center controller ?

I would like to build a very basic Hubitat dashboard that will simply allow me to open and close my two rollershutters.

Which devices do I need to include in the Apps menu so they become available in my Shutter Test Dashboard ?

Which dashboard template are you using for your roller shutters ?

Are you able to control your roller shutters to e.g. close 50% at a preset time ?

I hope all of this make sense to you and that it's not too much info.

Best regards
Niels
niels@heeser.dk
M +45 20105382

Thanks, I also installed the waytotheweb driver and saw that it worked for other people with the FIBARO ROLLER SHUTTER 3 - FGR-223 device.

My first issue is to get motors, the Fibaro FRG-223 and my momentary switches to go up when I push up and down when I push down on my mechanical switches. I think I'm on track getting that resolved.

Secondly I need to build my first Rollershutter Test Dashboard. Figure out which devices to include/use and which dashboard tile template to select for a simple demo ?

Please see my reply to amithalp for more details.

Hi @niels,
I will try to answer one by one,

This can be done using the Basic Z-Wave tool deiver. A link to the post describing the driver is here. You basically assign this driver to the decice and change the parameters you would like. After changing, you should re-assign the FGR-223 driver to the device.

This sounds like you should set parameter 20 to momentary switches (value =0) though I am not sure that your switches are realy momentary (I am not familiar with your switches).
Edit: I you did not assign the correct driver as suggested in the following reply then I would first test with the correct driver

There is something very strange in you devices page. It looks like you have assigned the FGR-223 device to the wrong driver amd it created child devices. Make sure you assign the device to the FGR-223 driver and it should look like this:

Each line represents a roller shutter.

1 Like

Once you have one device for each shade this is the device you should include in the dashboard

This is my shades dashboard:

and the sliders to control the shades are using this code (not writen by me and needs to be entered to the CSS code in the dashboard:
/* Dimmer Slider Bar /
.vue-slider-dot-handle{
width:170% !important;
border-radius: 75px !important;
margin-left: -30%!important;
box-shadow: none !important;
background-color: rgba(70,70,70);
border: 2px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.75);
}
/
Percentage Text /
.vue-slider-dot-hover:hover .vue-slider-dot-tooltip, .vue-slider-dot-tooltip-show, .vue-slider-dot-tooltip-inner{
visibility: visible !important;
color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8);
}
.vue-slider-dot-tooltip ::after{
display:none!important;
}
.vue-slider-dot-tooltip-top{
top: 95%;
left: 57%;
}
.vue-slider-dot-tooltip-inner{
background: none !important;
border: none !important;
font-size: 16px;
}
.vue-slider-dot{
width: 30px !important;
height: 30px !important;
}
.vue-slider-rail{
height: 4px !important;
}
/
.tile > .tile-contents > .tile-primary{overflow:visible !important;}. /
/
remove percentage from tile bottom part */
.tile > .tile-contents > .tile-primary div:nth-child(3) { display:none !important;}.

The tile for the shade is using the "Dimmer" template like this:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!
I will try that today.

The child devices confused me :slight_smile: I will try to reset my Hubitat, and install again from scratch.

Can anybody help with why my Fibaro 3 (FGR-223) is not responding anymore?

What does this error mean?

Please wend the driver details. The one you are using.
Please also attach screenshots of the device page.

FGR-223

Screenshots here:

Sorry I should have mentioned I am using waytotheweb's driver, through HPM

Hallo everybody, A problem with Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 (FGR-223) and Alexa:
I use the roller shutter with Waytotheweb driver.
Everything works correctly, both from Hubitat device commands and from Alexa voice command.
But in the log files I find these error messages:

app 50 is Amazon Echo Skill
What's wrong?
Thank in advance for help.