Fibaro RGBW (original version, not Gen 2) Doesn't work with built in driver

I have a Fibaro FGRGBWM-441 RGBW dimmer. I've never been able to get this to work. Eventually I replaced it with a ZooZ ZEN31 which works great.

Question, are there enough of these out in Hubitat land to request the driver be modified to use the old one (aka -441) or is it a lost cause and my controller needs to go on eBay (with the appropriate warning so another Hubitat user doesn't purchase it.?

Thanks

I purchased one in May 2015 and my device info page says it's in use. I just looked at it and indeed it says "-441" on the label. It's used on my oldest LED Strip. Looking at the strip, it's RGB only (4 conductors: RGB + vdc)

It's used every day at sunset, where it's set to: {"hue":6,"saturation":100,"level":50} and then again at 9pm, where it's set to: {"hue":6,"saturation":100,"level":4}. At sunrise, it's shut off. It's been doing that since I got my first Hubitat back in 2018.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.17.57 PM

Thank you,
I'll try again.

It depends on the firmware and what your trying to do, mine are on the latest and it didn't work well for reporting state. Need to flog them but they are just sat in a draw. I now have 3 ZigBee versions working perfectly, but I miss the effects from fibaro :pensive:.

1 Like